Sugarland

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:30 pm

In the forthcoming CMA Awards Sugarland have been nominated for
Vocal Duo of the Year, alonside:
· Big & Rich
· Brooks & Dunn
· Montgomery Gentry
· The Wreckers

The 41st Annual CMA Awards will air live Wednesday, Nov. 7 (8:00-11:00 PM/ET), on the ABC Television Network from the Sommet Center in Nashville.

From the CMA Awards website:

Performers previously announced for the 2007 CMA Awards include Jason Aldean, Rodney Atkins, Big & Rich, Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Chesney, Eagles, Alison Krauss, Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Reba McEntire in a duet with LeAnn Rimes, Brad Paisley, Kellie Pickler, George Strait, Sugarland, Taylor Swift, Josh Turner, Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban. Rascal Flatts will open the festivities and also perform with Jamie Foxx later in the broadcast.

Let's all keep our fingers and toes crossed that Ellis' fiend, sorry that should read friend, Kristian Bush who is one half of Sugarland, wins in the category nominated for.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:25 pm

Jela,

Thanks for the heads up! All toes and fingers crossed here. Will light a few candles too. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:15 pm

I grew up on the outskirts of Houston....and just down the road a piece was the town of Sugarland, Tx. famous mostly for the Imperial Sugar processing plant there.

Hollywood and Goldie Hawn put it on the map with her early starring role in the film "Sugarland." What a great movie that was.

I'm wondering today, with fingers crossed and hopes high for Kristian and Jennifer, if the name Sugarland was chosen because of the town and/or movie....anyone know?

Good luck to them both on Wednesday night. We'll be watching!!! :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:23 pm

Sugarland won! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:38 am

I'm so excited for them!! I met them a couple of years ago when they came thru here and was so impressed with not only the quality of their performance but also by how kind and humble they were. Jennifer was so friendly and outgoing and Kristian was just a doll! I'd love to post a pic but methinks I forgot how!

Let's try this: http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare ... _=84435247
"Nobody can dim the light which shines from within." ~ Maya Angelou

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:17 am

That's great news - well done Sugarland!

Jela

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:10 am

That was really great..though I nearly missed it. Left the room at the start of the announcement of the nominees (not realizing it was Sugarland's category) I left for a minute.....only to return to the two of them onstage thanking fans and others. What really impressed me was their onstage performance minutes later...Wow!!! 8) Jennifer sang the hec out of that song, omg!!! :D
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:04 pm

The 2008 CMT Music Awards show premieres live from Nashville's Curb Event Center at Belmont University on April 14 at 8pm EST.

Sugarland's video "Stay" is one of four videos nominated for CMT Duo Video of the Year. Other nominees in this category are Brooks & Dunn, Montgomery Gentry and Big & Rich. Anyone can vote at www.cmt.com until April 11, although polls will open again during the live broadcast. See list of all nominees here:

http://www.cmt.com/cmt-music-awards/nominees.jhtml

Read more here:

http://www.cmt.com/cmt-music-awards/about.jhtml

I hope EP's friends take home the prize. :-)

KarenZ
Last edited by KarenZ on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:26 am

Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush performed their song "Stay" on last year's CMA awards show solo acoustic and knocked it clean out of the park. The song ended to thunderous applause and a standing ovation. I sat here at home watching in stunned silence, and then let out a big 'ol YES!!!

I've seen the video on the CMT stations and the video of "Stay" is equally moving......and gets my vote. Won't you join me? :wink:
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:58 am

As usual, I did not remember to watch last night, but I'm happy to report that Sugarland WON! :)

http://www.cmt.com/cmt-music-awards/winners.jhtml

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:09 pm

YEEHAH!!! Congrats out to KB and JN. :D

Karen

Thanks for the link. If you go there folks...click on Sugarland videos.

There's 2 versions of the song they won for.

The music tv version and a live performance from the 2007 CMT AWARDS.

Here's Sugarland performing STAY at last year's CMA Awards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1z-UP-ynDc
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:06 pm

Sugarland has been covering Come On Get Higher by Matt Nathanson. 8)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hoZ9p-CaYnU

Patti

Postby Patti » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:36 pm

arghh.. every once in awhile I lose the sound to my computer... I need to shut down completely and start it up again... will do that soon.. I want to hear this song.. thanks for the link Bonnie...
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Sugarland

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:41 pm

Folks,

There was an article in yesterday's boston Globe about Sugarland that includes quotes from Mr. Paul. :)

Sugarland express:The band's brand of country-pop is winning fans by Sarah Rodman

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:32 am

Sugarland was on tv this morning -- ABC's Good Morning America. I only heard on the radio simulcast of the show in the car and sadly missed the performance. Anyone happen to see it? ps......It's Great to be back!!! :D
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:57 am

Folks,

Wow. Sugarland just received five CMA award nominations......including a nomination for Entertainer of the Year....which Kenny Chesney has won two years running. The Awards show will be broadcast on ABC on Nov. 12.

2008 CMA Awards

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:15 pm

Sugarland will also be performing at the Awards show.

See the list of this year's performers here:

2008 Performers

The awards show will be on Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2008 at 8pm EST on ABC.

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:10 am

Folks,

Don't forget to tune in tonight. :)

KarenZ

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:47 pm

Thanks for the reminder, how timely. I just rec'd in the mail today from BMG, Sugarland's CD, Love on the Inside... I believe it was the BMG special this month. I paid less than $7:00 for it (shipping included)!!

I recognized the name Byron Gallimore as one of the producers on the CD.. He produced Lori Mckenna's Unglamorous!!!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:28 pm

Thanks for the reminders today, everyone. My wife said she's looking forward to seeing Keith Urban in duo performance with Brad Paisley. 8)

As for me, Sugarland's performance will be highly anticipated...... :wink:

My wife went on to say there's a special surprise guest slated. Gee, I wonder who it's gonna be?

Obama??? :lol:
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:45 pm

Yee haw! Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland won for song of the year. :)

Surprise guest? I don't have a clue.

Can't wait to see The Eagles perform! :)

KarenZ

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:32 am

Wahoooooooo!!!! I'm so happy for them! And wasn't their performance wonderful?!

I saw them a couple of months ago and have an exciting tidbit to share about that but I can hardly keep my eyes open so I promise to come back soon to fill y'all in! :wink:

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:48 am

Vocal Duo of the Year too! Yes, Mtn Gal, their performance was wonderful....although I must admit some of last night's performances were hard for me to listen to.....I'm not THAT big a country fan, if you know what I mean.....small doses and all that. :)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:44 am

I don't want to go all negative here....but as we watched last night's show we were in disbelief. :wink:

That said, highlights were Sugarland's win and performance. 8)
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:53 am

Ditto for me Paddy. :)

I must admit I did love seeing/hearing the Eagles and was disappointed they didn't win. Brad Paisley's Eagles introduction was nice too.

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:09 am

Did anyone else sense sound quality issues with the broadcast? Could be I need a new tv.... :lol:

Loved the Eagles...told my wife they were suited up nicely a la Lyle Lovett. 8)

Which reminds me, I think his old college roommate Robert Keen is in town tonight. :D
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:28 am

BTW Paddy.....did you make it to the end for the big surprise guest presenter? It was Shania Twain.....who presented Entertainer of the Year (won by Kenny Chesney).

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:52 am

We did make it to the end.....just barely. :oops:

Leading up to the surprise guest I put my money on it being Garth Brooks as I think he considering a return to the country music business....... 8)

Shania Twain was a nice surprise (where's she been?) and was moved by the welcome! 8)

Kenny Chesney received the last award of the night from her, and with nerves and emotion showing:

Hit on her!!! :lol:

Nah.......he just looked over at her and said.....wow....you look great!!! :D

She did! :wink:
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:00 am

Sugarland was nominated for 3 Grammy Awards! :)

Best Country Song (Stay)
Best Country Collaboration with Vocals
Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group

The 51st Annual GRAMMY Awards will be broadcast on CBS from 8-11:30pm on Feb. 8, 2009.

Here's a list of all the nominees:

2008 Grammy Nominees

KarenZ

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:07 pm

It's been a while since I've been here...got all tied up with holiday orders and was buried right up til Christmas...but I did want to come back to check in on y'all and share that little tidbit I'd mentioned on the night of the CMAs.

I saw Sugarland in September and had the great privelege of meeting them again. I took great notes, set list, stage photos, the whole nine yards and waited patiently for their people to post the backstage photos so I could post mine here. Well my patience did not pay off. My eyes were closed and it was a terrible pic which took the wind right out of my sail (by then I was already super busy at work). Anyhoo, in the brief time I had to chat with Jennifer and Kristian, I had a delightful conversation with them which revolved around my EP lapel pin (oh yes I did!!). And in that conversation, I told them that in my very humble opinion, I think it's time for them to record another EP tune. Kristian laughed and asked which one and I suggested Jukebox on My Grave or Rollaway Bed. I think that they could do great justice to either (or any really) of those songs and was so thrilled that I had the chance to tell them that.

So if they do ever do record either of those in the future...you heard it here first folks!! :D

Happy New Year!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:17 pm

Mtn Gal,

Holy Moly Bat Girl! Awesome!!! I agree witht hose two song suggestions! :) And I *love* that you were wearing your EP lapel pin! (Which I forgot to pack/bring to Boston.) :oops:

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:26 pm

My wife gave me a handful of music for Christmas and one of the five new CDs in my stocking was the latest release from Sugarland.......

She loves me yeah yeah yeah.............and with a love like that, you know I should be glad. :lol:

Indeed! I love the latest offering by Jennier Nettles and Kristian Bush....aka Country Music's Sugarland. 8)
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:45 pm

Sugarland are the cover feature on this month's Maverick magazine

Maverick magazine

and will also be doing an 'in session' with Bob Harris on BBC Radio 2 tomorrow which airs 7pm - 8pm our time.

All this coincides with a forthcoming UK tour and is great publicity for them.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:23 pm

Sugarland continues to bring home the awards. Last night they took home the ACM award for Vocal Duo of the year - ending Brooks & Dunn's nine-year run. (I forgot that the awards show was on.) :oops:

Sugarland and Zac Brown Band take home ACM awards

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:54 pm

Wow. Now I know Sugarland has REALLY hit it big. They were on Oprah today as part of a special "Stars of Country Music" show along with Kenny Chesney, Carrie Underwood, and others. (I happened to catch just the last 10 minutes when Oprah was interviewing Kristian Bush and Jennifer Nettles!) Kristian's big revelation: he's related to the Bush's baked beans family.....but hates baked beans! :shock:

KarenZ

Patti

Postby Patti » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:33 pm

I thought this was the show that Darius Ruckus was to be on too...

Can't you hear him now "Oh Kristian, Ellis Paul wrote THAT song about you.. oh I know him, great guy, he opened for me once." lol....

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:04 am

Patti,

I thought I caught a glimpse of Darius Rucker when I first turned it on....just before a commercial break... and I heard Oprah say Sugarland was coming on next. As I said, I didn't turn it on until near the end of the program, so I wasn't sure who all was on....and didn't feel compelled to mention Darius Rucker. ;-)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:34 am

KarenZ wrote: As I said, I didn't turn it on until near the end of the program, so I wasn't sure who all was on....and didn't feel compelled to mention Darius Rucker. ;-)

KarenZ

now now, be nice

:P
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:53 am

I'm always nice! :)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:02 am

I'm going to Starbucks this morning and will order a cup of "celebrity roast"

:lol:
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:39 am

Folks,

Just a heads-up that the CMT Awards are tomorrow night (Tuesday, June 16, 2009) at 8pmEST/7pmCST. Sugarland received the highest number of nominations (five) including a nomination for Video of the Year. :shock:

More at the link below:

Sugarland leads with 5 CMT award nominations

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:33 am

Sugarland won one award for video Duo of the Year for "All I Wanna Do".

During the show they also performed "Love Shack" with the B-52s! :shock: Watch the collaboration at this link:

Sugarland and the B-52s perform "Love Shack"

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:40 am

5 minutes ago I was going to post "did they win?"

like minds and all..... 8)

envisioning Jack Ingram up there next year.... :wink:
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:17 am

Hey....did any of you notice that Sugarland's performance on Soundstage debuted this week on PBS? It was on my local PBS station last night so check your local listings.

Sugarland on Soundstage

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:19 am

Sugarland has a BIG SPECIAL on a major network this MONDAY!

I'm short on details but watching the finale of The Bachelorette the promo for the BIG SPECIAL ran a number of times!!!

So, it's MONDAY NIGHT on ABC?

TIVO do your thing!!!! :D
paddy

Hyrafan

Sugarland "Green and Gold"

Postby Hyrafan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:26 pm

The country duo Sugarland (Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush) announced thier release of a new Christmas album titled "Green and Gold." It will be out in stores October 13th!
Some of the songs are traditional holiday songs and others are written by Nettles and Bush. I know they're including all of the holiday songs they released on the special Enjoy the Ride holiday addition they released awhile back. But there will be more.
I know one of the songs "Little Wood Guitar" is written by Kristian Bush and Ellis Paul.
I heard a demo of Maybe Baby (New Year's Day) by Kristian Bush a year ago and can't wait to hear the studio version!

Track listing

1. City Of Silver Dreams*
2. Winter Wonderland
3. Holly Jolly Christmas
4. Coming Home*
5. Gold And Green*
6. Maybe Baby (New Year’s Day)*
7. Nuttin' For Christmas
8. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
9. Little Wood Guitar*
10. Silent Night

*original songs
2, 3, 7, 8, and 9 were released as an "Enjoy the Ride" holiday special two years ago.
"You pour me out just to get your fill/ Now it's all over, your cup has spilled" Andrew Hyra's Spill

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:10 am

Folks,

Sugarland will perform this evening on The 43rd Annual CMA Awards Wednesday, November 11, 2009 at 8pm EST on ABC. They have been nominated for two CMA Awards: Vocal Duo of the Year as well as Album of the Year!

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:46 am

Folks,

Sugarland won Vocal Duo of the Year last night. 8)

CMA Awards

KarenZ

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:44 pm

Of course they did!! I think they are the reason Brooks & Dunn are calling it quits. B&D have clearly been ousted from that perch by Sugarland!

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:13 am

On last night's Bob Harris show on BBC Radio 2 he played a selection of seasonal songs; he's been playing Sugarland for a while and they did a 'live' session for the show some months back BUT last night he played LITTLE WOOD GUITAR.

Getting played on the show has been and continues to be so important for many artists so it was great to hear Ellis' song on the radio over here.

Jela

Return to “Looking for My Friends”