Sugarland

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Sugarland

Postby KarenZ » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:00 am

Sugarland will be performing tonight on Christmas in Washington (8pm EST on TNT) along with Neil Diamond, Mary J. Blige and others.

In the article linked below Kristian Bush says:
“We’re playing the entire country a song we wrote to be a Christmas classic”

I think the song he's referring to is the title track of Gold and Green ....but maybe they'll have time to do another one or two numbers....like "Little Wood Guitar"! :)

Sugarland Celebrate Christmas in Washington

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:52 am

Even with all the chart topping songs.. Sugarland still has to "answer to" the radio stations that play them. Some stations are editing out the reggae sounding part to their latest hit Stuck Like Glue, because it is not country sounding enough !! Read more about it below.

http://www.theboot.com/2010/10/06/sugar ... 2%7C175916

commercial radio is pretty pathetic..
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Sugarland is teaming up with director Kenny Ortega for a live online concert Monday night, Oct. 18, 2010. The show — the latest installment in the American Express Unstaged music series — comes the day before the release of the country duo's album The Incredible Machine and originates from New York's Best Buy Theater.

The live stream of the performance, which will feature surprise musical guests, :shock: begins at 9pm EST at Sugarland's YouTube Channel linked below:

YouTube: SugarlandVevo

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:41 pm

This past Sunday 10.10.10 Parade Magazine had a nice story about Jennifer Nettles ( Sugarland) teaming up with Eddie Owen, founder and manager of Eddie's Attic in Decatur GA, for a music program for underprivelaged kids in the Atlanta area. The program Attic Community Playground is to help develop and underwrite arts curricula for schools.

Nice story.. I was trying to find the link to put here but it doesn't appear to be online yet
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:31 pm

KarenZ wrote:The live stream of the performance, which will feature surprise musical guests, :shock: begins at 9pm EST at Sugarland's YouTube Channel linked below:

YouTube: SugarlandVevo

KarenZ

Karen are you saying what I think you're saying? :shock:

Forgive me for the following words but please for the love of all things Ellis Paul spill the beans if you have them to spill and refrain from beating around the bushes, Kristian and otherwise.... :P
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:11 pm

Paddy,

You read more into my words than what was intended. No beans to spill. :-( I just thought the surprise guests was a cool thing to mention.

KarenZ

paddyinthepub wrote:
Karen are you saying what I think you're saying? :shock:

Forgive me for the following words but please for the love of all things Ellis Paul spill the beans if you have them to spill and refrain from beating around the bushes, Kristian and otherwise.... :P

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:18 pm

If you could read my mind lord what a thought my thoughts could tell just like a paperback writer novel with a ghost from a wishing well...

Ellis Paul - That's my Stories and I'm stickin to it. :P
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Did anyone see Sugarland on CNN: Heroes last night? They were awesome! CNN will air that program again, several times I think, over the weekend. Such amazing stories of real life heroes all around the world and great talent too. John Legend, Bon Jovi, Kid Rock also performed.
"Nobody can dim the light which shines from within." ~ Maya Angelou

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:54 am

Folks,

Please see Ellis' Facebook posting (below) regarding the terrible accident before Sugarlan's scheduled performance last night at the Indian State Fair.

Please send prayers out to Sugarland, their fans and staff after the accident in Indiana....

See ABC news report and video here:

Ind. State Fair stage collapses, at least 4 killed

KarenZ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:18 pm

What horrific scenes, thoughts are with those who have been killed and those injured, and their families.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:54 pm

The number of deaths and injuries could have been so much worse. Such a miracle.

Sugarland Likely Saved By Tour Manager’s Decision

KarenZ

Return to “Looking for My Friends”