Martin Sexton

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Martin Sexton

Postby KarenZ » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:17 am

Hi folks,

I haven't heard much about Martin Sexton for a few years and was wondering about that.....turns out on April 3 he released his first new CD (other than a holiday CD in 2005) in seven years...called Seeds. I heard him do a live performace last week on WUMB and meant to post about it then...but just now when I checked Amazon, I discovered a 4 1/2 minute video on the making of Seeds. You may remember that Martin appears on EP's Carnival of Voices. .

Martin Sexton video on Amazon

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:32 pm

Martin Sexton once received major OCD attention around my house. Well, actually my house in Houston. Martin is another amazing singer songwriter that can floor first time listeners. His debut record "Black Sheep" stole our hearts. We sat mere feet away from Martin at the Mucky Duck the first time we saw him. He was magical and mesmerizing. Saw him next on the main stage at Kerrville, same thing. Saw him years later when the World Cafe folks came to Pittsburgh and the Andy Warhol Museum. Martin was on the bill, along with Kim Richey and others. Caught a short interview and 4 song performance on comcast a few months ago and one thing was clear......he's still got it!!! :D

Martin sings one of two harmony vocals on 3,000 miles on Carnival of Voices. Possibly on another song there, too. For some reason I hear Martin in my head right now doing a cool vocal on "Looking For My Friends". 8)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Looking for My Friends”