Scott Alarik - website writings

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Scott Alarik - website writings

Postby KarenZ » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:02 am

Folks,

Scott Alarik's website includes some of his writings - including an article about Antje Duvekot, The Guthries, Cheryl Wheeler, and others. (No Ellis Paul content - yet.) :)

Scott Alarik

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

wendy

Postby wendy » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:26 am

WOW! That's some writing that man does.

I hadn't read any of his stuff before, but surely will keep an eye out for it in the future (and may even invest in his book!).

Believe it or not, I've heard Scott A. most often on the radio, singing folk-ballads on an oft-broadcast show about the origins of folk music. He has a lovely deep voice, perfectly suited to those songs. The singing was merely intended to give background/examples for the discussion which involved several prestigous critics/writers (including Scott). Has anyone else heard those shows? They were produced in Boston... maybe even by WUMB.
-wendy

Return to “Looking for My Friends”