Bill Morrissey

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

Richard + Jela

Bill Morrissey

Postby Richard + Jela » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:52 am

As you know Bill 'mentored' Ellis when he was first starting out and produced 'Say Something'

Here's a recent article that was brought to our attention that I thought worth sharing

Article on Bill Morrissey

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:10 am

Goodness. I'm listening to Bill Morrissey at this very second on WUMB - a brand new song "I ain't walkin'" from his brand new album. So glad to read that he's doing well....although the title of the article caused an initial fright thinking that he had passed away!

Thanks for the link Jela.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:40 am

Well....I just had one of those "stopped me in my tracks" moments when a Bill Morrissey song that I don't think I've heard before came on WUMB. OMG. Took my breath away. The song is "will you be my rose" from Something I saw or thought I saw. Listening to the song got me wondering how Bill is doing. Has anyone heard any news since the report from a few months ago?

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

herve

Postby herve » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:33 am

KarenZ wrote:Well....I just had one of those "stopped me in my tracks" moments when a Bill Morrissey song that I don't think I've heard before came on WUMB. OMG. Took my breath away. The song is "will you be my rose" from Something I saw or thought I saw. Listening to the song got me wondering how Bill is doing. Has anyone heard any news since the report from a few months ago?

KarenZ

Hello Karen, and everybody

I haven't spoken to Bill in a while, but I heard he's doing fine and was touring in the midwest recently.

His new album Come Running is availbale on line and at shows only.

He has new website up and running, although still in the works at www.billmorrissey.com. Ron Mura's fan page is still at www.billmorrissey.net

The cover of the new CD is intentionally fuzzy, like he's back from far away but not there yet, "come running". Dans on the Birches dicussion group seem to be very surprised, but what's important is inside, of course, and this album is really a good one.

Hervé

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:24 am

Merci Herve! Glad to hear the good news! :)

Hey...is that your name at the bottom of the picture of the handwritten lyrics to the "grave of Baudelaire"? If so, how exciting for you! :)

KarenZ

herve

Postby herve » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:40 pm

KarenZ wrote:Merci Herve! Glad to hear the good news! :)

Hey...is that your name at the bottom of the picture of the handwritten lyrics to the "grave of Baudelaire"? If so, how exciting for you! :)

KarenZ

Yep, Bill wrote that song in my appartment and played it for us before dinner a couple of hours later.

Could be here:

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:13 pm

Herve,

Too cool! :)

KarenZ

Return to “Looking for My Friends”