Devon Sproule

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

Rachael Layne

Devon Sproule

Postby Rachael Layne » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:38 am

Looking over the list of artists that folks have posted about I felt Devon Sproule would be a fitting and worth while singer/songwriter/musician to introduce to the many talents on the list!

I discovered her music randomly while paging through different My Space profiles oddly enough. I felt truly blessed to find her music.

She has a beautiful voice, amazing harmonies, mesmerizing songwriting ability... she is just very wonderful! Much like Ellis Paul, Devon tells vibrant and intriguing stories in her songs.

My husband bought me her CD "Upstate Songs", for Christmas and it is definitely one of the best CD purchases we have made in a long time.

Check her out at:

Devon Sproule at MySpace.com

Devon Sproule's official website

Give her a listen, if you love Ellis Paul I think you will certainly appreciate Devon's music!
:D
Music is love in search of a word...

Patti

Postby Patti » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:07 am

Nice sound, I gave a quick listen to some songs....will check it out more later......

At first I thought she was from the UK...(where she is about to tour with Richie Havens) but her myspace says Charlottesville VA!!!

Thanks for the link.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue May 20, 2008 7:42 pm

Noticed that Devon Sproule is a New Folk Finalist at Kerrville this weekend.

Good luck Devon!!!

:)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

herve

Postby herve » Wed May 21, 2008 1:40 am

paddyinthepub wrote:Noticed that Devon Sproule is a New Folk Finalist at Kerrville this weekend.

Good luck Devon!!!

:)

Devon is among the best youger songwriters I know. Her guitar style is really fluid and complex at times, her voice is soft. She is married to Paul Curreri, another huge talent, whose first CDs were rooted in folk-country-blues and is now taking more liberties.

On her Myspace page, play "Plea for a good nights rest", this is just MAGNIFIQUE:!

Try also Devons's new CD, Keep your Silver Shined, more orchestrated than Upstate Songs, but at least better.

Devon is huge in the UK, now playing to 1000 persons. On the picture below, Paul and Devon played at la Pomme d'Eve in March 2005. It was a rare treat as they rarely play together.

http://www.mysongwriters.com/Paul&Devon ... %20023.jpg

From the C'Ville VA scene, try also Danny Schmidt, now back to Austin TX, Jan Smith or Brady Earnhardt.

I love those kids!

Herve

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed May 21, 2008 11:22 am

Herve

Thanks for the photo of Paul and Devon in Paris! 8)

Listening to her on myspace this morning and yes, Plea for a Good Night's Rest, is magnificent. :)

She's got a good shot at winning this weekend! :D
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon May 26, 2008 9:16 pm

Congratulations to Devon Sproule!!! :D

The Kerrville Folk Festival has announced the 2008 New Folk Winners, one of the most prestigious honors in contemporary folk music. These songwriters were among 32 finalists who performed during the 2008 Grassy Hill Kerrville New Folk Concerts on May 24 & 25.

Devon Sproule (Charlottesville VA)
RJ Cowdery (Columbus OH)
CJ Watson (Nashville TN)
Hans York (Seattle WA)
Robby Hecht (Nashville TN)
BettySoo (Austin TX)
paddy

Return to “Looking for My Friends”