Cheryl Wheeler and Lori McKenna

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

mm

Cheryl Wheeler and Lori McKenna

Postby mm » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:51 pm

I just found out early this evening that, due to a case of larynigitis, Cheryl Wheeler, who was due to play at the Circle of Friends coffeehouse tonight in Franklin MA, had to cancel at the last minute, BUT at the last minute Lori McKenna was able to fill in!
Unfortunately, I was not able to go, but I just thought that was very, very cool of Lori. As well, I can't believe that the place won't be just as packed for Lori. I always wonder what our musicians do when their throats won't cooperate, having just recovered from same myself.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:44 am

Imagine being all set to enjoy a show by the amazing Cheryl Wheeler, and then being treated to a show by the amazing Lori McKenna. That's a wonderful story to share tonight. Thanks mm.

Talk about Deep Community. :D

If any forum members were at this show, I hope you'll share. :wink:

TIA
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:41 am

Wahooo.........I was there!!! I read my email from COF at about 7:30...by 7:45 I was on the road there. I was concerned it might be sold out (as I believe Cheryl was) but there was only about 100 people there. I was planning on seeing Girlyman at Stone Soup but since Lori has not been performing lately. ( I think because of her deal with Warner Brothers) I changed my mind. Lori was happy to help out...I think a big concern was for the opener (whom I did not hear) had traveled from Minnesota to be there and it would have really been a shame for her not to perform. Lori told the crowd she's not as funny as Cheryl, but actually she is pretty funny. I would think if you know Cheryl's music you might be familiar with Loris. Lori sang lots of new songs and her new CD How to Survive comes out in April... I think Faith Hill is going to record another of her songs. Lori said that a few weeks ago on her birthday she got a package from Faith... A huge frame with a double platinum award for Fireflies inside!!! I did take some pictuers, and was going to submit one for photo of the week..but it's all ready done for this week, so Ill try for next week.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:01 pm

Oh Patti.....ain't it great when you stumble upon such timely info. :D

Glad to hear that you made the show...what serendipity it must have been for all ready to either see or give up on seeing Cheryl Wheeler this go round.

The fact that Lori would also be thinking of the one who had travelled a great distance to perform the opening set doesn't surprise me at all.

I'm sure Lori McKenna remembers all too well the chance such a slot means to an artist. Good for LM.

Thanks for sharing this with us Patti. :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Looking for My Friends”