Radoslav Lorkovic

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

bonuela

Radoslav Lorkovic

Postby bonuela » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:45 pm

We need a thread for Ellis' buddy, accordion player and hair flipper extraordinaire, Rad. :D

I saw him with Ellis once before, but this weekend I fell in love. He is so much fun onstage. While he seems to play mainly piano, he can infiltrate the accordion where you never knew it could fit. Blacktop Train for example.

Here is his info:
www.radoslavlorkovic.com
www.myspace.com/radoslavlorkovic

He also has a message board that could use a little loving.
http://radoslavlorkovic.com/forum/
Last edited by bonuela on Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:14 pm

Thanks Bon.

Rad is righteous. I listened to his CD on the drive home from the airport yesterday.... :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

danaj

Postby danaj » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:14 am

Well, to say the least, Rad is appropriately named. :wink:

I caught my case of Rad-fever at the Woodyfest a couple of years ago when he was playing with Jimmy LaFave. And it really tickled me to hear someone say last year that all the little boys generally want to be the guitar player, but from now on they will all want to be the accordian player 'cause the accordian players get all the girls! :lol:

Thanks for posting the links Bon!
“Life has got a habit of not standing hitched. You got to ride it like you find it. You got to change with it. If a day goes by that don't change some of your old notions for new ones, that is just about like trying to milk a dead cow.” -Woody Guthrie

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:05 pm

Ok. Lauren and I have tried to kickstart Rad's discussion board. Feel free to join in. Let's show the Croatian Sensation some love. :D
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

danaj

Postby danaj » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:39 am

I'm so there Bon. See you all over there! :)
“Life has got a habit of not standing hitched. You got to ride it like you find it. You got to change with it. If a day goes by that don't change some of your old notions for new ones, that is just about like trying to milk a dead cow.” -Woody Guthrie

Richard + Jela

Re: Radoslav Lorkovic

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:05 am

Check out this YouTube video of Odetta accompanied on piano by Rad - it sent shivers down my spine.

Odetta accompanied by Rad

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:06 am

Jela,

Wow. Shivers down my spine too. There's another video from that same night with Rad accompanying Odetta on "House of the Rising Sun". I wish these videos credited Rad. Maybe we can leave a few comments. ;)

While in Boston someone (Jela?) said that if Odetta hadn't died there was a good chance she (with Rad!) would have performed at Obama's inauguration. What a tragedy on so many levels that that didn't come to pass.

Odetta with Rad on "House of the Rising Sun"

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:59 am

Twiddling around on YouTube I found this little gem...

Interview with Rad

Jela

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:27 am

Wait a minute! Rad speaks sans accent? He's from Iowa? Has a midwestern accent? Have to admit I was taken aback. Hope this makes sense. New Zealand? I do have a friend in Tazmania. Wonder if that will do? Ellis down under, maybe? Rad joins! The World Ain't Slowin Down. Wonder how many of us would follow Rad and Ellis to the other side of the world?

Chime in, and count me in, mate! :P
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:12 am

Just discovered that Rad will be touring the UK with Andy White and that they are playing locally to us in October - that's what I call a result!

Jela

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:36 pm

Went to see Rad last night and for once it was on our side of the Atlantic! Whilst he is sideman to Andy White (Belfast born singer/songwriter) on this tour he got the opportunity to open up the second set by playing 4 of his own songs - just great!

They played two 45min sets; Andy White uses 12 string guitars and does something by feeding them back thru' the amp so that he creates quite an unusual but attractive sound. Nice wordplay in some of his songs.

Both were chatting to the audience before the show, during the interval and afterwards - a really friendly vibe.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:14 am

Nice article about Rad in Monday's Dallas Morning News:

Blues pianist tackles music with a fiery kind of cool
By Michael Granberry

KarenZ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:22 am

Great article - it is so nice to see 'a sideman' get this sort of press.

Jela

kimmiko

Postby kimmiko » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:06 am

Rad is giving away a download of "Boogie Woogie" from his new Nimbit store. Click on the link below to get it:
http://www.nimbitmusic.com/radoslavlork ... mos/boogie

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:13 am

Thanks, Kim! I hear that Rad is in Texas this weekend with EP. 8) I wish I could be there!

KarenZ

Return to “Looking for My Friends”