Flynn

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

bonuela

Flynn

Postby bonuela » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:25 am

Flynn played at my birthday party today!!

Here he is listening to my friend's dad complement him on the fact that he has learned to speak English so well! :shock:

I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:23 am

What? Is this all you could muster at 2:25am :?:

:lol:

Flynn is a chameleon. Everytime I see him, he looks totally different. Because of the hair. :wink:

Was thinking about you all day....picturing that Flynn-sized birthday cake.... :lol:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:22 am

Birthday wishes your way, Bonuela.
Nice party all around it would appear.
Flynn looks like he was having a perfect hair day!

Karen,

Flynn is chamelion like, isn't he?

Like Theron and DeNiro.

Thanks for sharing and it looks like you
got your wish before the candles were even lit.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

wendy

Postby wendy » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:30 am

Wow, what a super birthday party! Happy Day to you, Bonnie!

(yea, that Flynn... confuses even the people who hire him sometimes :) When he played in Boothbay Hbr, they were looking for that shock of blond hair in his PR photo :lol: )
-wendy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:46 am

Hey Bonnie, Can you give me the name of the guy
that does your windows? I don't do 'em and neither
does my wife. Really nice photo....I'd think about
entering a certain contest with that one :!: :wink:
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:33 am

I have a feeling Bonnie is sleeping late this morning. :wink: And evidently our Sue Ellen must be party-ed out too. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:09 am

Allow me to semi - quote Ellis Paul here:

Bonnie is tired, let's her get some sleep

She's bored with this board, let her count her sheep

Good Morn, BON

Good Morn, BON
paddy

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:26 am

Looks like it was a blast! Glad to see Flynn can still manage to keep a semi-straight face...
:lol:
~Lauren

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:01 am

Ahh, not quite; i was sitting next to Bonnie's Dad's friend, and Flynn's eyes were definitely twinkling and the edges of his mouth twitching. But, he was very classy and respectful, even as he clearly found humor in the situation.

Bonnie's party was purely delightful. The cotton candy was to die for. I hope (and think) she thoroughly enjoyed herself.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:12 am

Hmm.....now that I've had time to more carefully study the picture of Flynn that Bonnie posted....and with the way Flynn's hand is partially covering his face.....I'm seeing shades of Tom Jones there.....

"Now that I could do without." hee.....hee.....hee.....

(There's truly not an emoticon that captures hee...hee....hee...)

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:48 pm

Thank you all for all your kind wishes. I promise I will fill you in. Right now my head is still spinning.

I would love to take credit for the picture, but when he started singing I handed my camera to a friend. It came back to me with a full memory stick!! :D

Maybe some of that leftover cotton candy will fortify me enough to type a review? :P

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:12 pm

Ok. I think I'm finally ready to "talk" about this. :D

HERE are the pictures.

My day started with a call from Mom telling me that Flynn had called to reconfirm. Then I headed over to her house to set up a "stage" area. She and my sister where wearing custom Event Staff t-shirts. Sue Ellen got there and was immediately put to work taping Flynn posters all around the house! People started to arrive in droves and then HE got there. Flynn was accompanied by 2 "roadies". He had his nephews with him. I set Flynn up in my parents' bedroom. Not your typical backstage area. :D We talked about where and when we were going to set up, then I left him for a bit.

Is it possible that the best part happened before the actual performance? I think so! :mrgreen: He grabbed pen and paper and asked what he should play. :shock: I very calmly looked at him and said.."Um, huh? Yeah. Um ok. Blah blah blah" Because at that very second, I forgot every single song I'd ever heard. :oops: I ran out and got Sheri and Susan as reinforcements. They were no help! :P We ended up using his CDs to jog our memories. So this whole time he is sitting amongst the stuffed animals on the bed, fiddling with his guitar and singing little snippets of our requests. Just to make sure he remembered them. :!:

Showtime!!
Everyone was gathered around the living room. On chairs and sitting on the floor and even standing on the stairs. The first song was Happy Birthday. I don't know why, but it embarassed me to no end. :oops: He played old songs, rare songs and even a brand new song. One that he wrote with Ellis and Antje. 8) It was great to watch people enjoying the music. Clapping along, bopping their heads, taking pictures. It just made me smile. My friend's dad started up a question and answer period in the middle of the performance. Flynn seemed more that happy to answer his. "How long have you been here?", "Did they kick you out of your homeland?" and my own personal favorite...."You speak English pretty well" :lol: This man was so impressed by Flynn that he interupted the show so he could buy a "casette". At my request, Flynn sang a song I know from his Cliffs of Dooneen days, Carol. It didn't sound the same though. He switched the name to Bonnie. :o After about an hour it was time to wrap things up. :( But not before we got an encore out of him!! :D He hung around to sign autographs and pose for pictures. My parents invited him back anytime, just to hang out. Next thing I know, they gave him his own Event Staff Flynn concert t-shirt and I am signing it for him. :shock: The day could not get anymore bizarre. Or wonderful!

Sorry for the loooooong post, but I wanted to share. :mrgreen:

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:25 pm

It was a great day Bonnie.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:38 am

Wow Bonnie.....way cool. What a terrific way to spend a special birthday. Having had a few dreams come true, I know how GOOD it feels....and I am sooooo very happy for you :!: That Flynn.....what a guy. :wink:

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:35 am

Hey Bonnie, talk about memories to last a lifetime. Great review of the day and thank you for sharing it with us. I hope Flynn was in no hurry to get somewhere that day....look closer at the photo and see what I mean.

Could be the camera angle...but it looks as if FLYNN might have left his bubble gum on the back of his capo, and then YIKES.....next thing you know the youngster sitting stage left can't get Flynn's songs out of his head either..... :D :D
paddy

wendy

Postby wendy » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:16 am

I miss the "Yea That" emoticon 8)
What a great day, Bonnie! Thanks for sharing it with us! :)
-wendy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:48 am

Bonnie - great photos, you will have very special memories I'm sure of your 40th for many years to come - what a wonderful way to celebrate and thanks for allowing us all to share the day via the pix.

Happy, happy birthday

Jela

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:00 am

paddyinthepub wrote:.....next thing you know the youngster sitting stage left can't get Flynn's songs out of his head either..... :D :D

That's one of Flynn's 2 "roadies". He brought his young nephews along to help out. They were great salesmen! During the different songs they would hold up the corresponding CD! :D One of them even held his ground when Heckler Eddie tried to talk him down on the price based on the cost of gas. :roll:

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:14 am

Talk about a picture being worth a thousand words. Let's start counting. It seems that Our Bonuela won't be the only one with memories to last a lifetime. I think it's great that Flynn brought the kids along. Imagine the stories they get to tell when they return to school in the Fall and are asked the age old question, ''so, what did you do over the summer?''

Flynn roadie they get to answer. :lol:

They might just be the youngest candidates ever for the title:

8)... 8)... 8)... :arrow: ... :arrow:... :arrow: ...dripping cool :lol:
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:37 am

Just moving this to the top since a bunch of you will be seeing him in Ogunquit. (yee hah!!)

www.flynnmusic.com
www.myspace.com/flynnmusic
www.myspace.com/cannondrop

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:59 am

What? No Flynn avatar yet? :wink:

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:37 am

No. No Flynn avatar. It might make my other favorites jealous!!

:P

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:00 am

I was just thinkin'. We talk about Flynn here, but never on his site.

Click Here if you want to leave a message.

Then come right back here!! :D

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:17 am

Oops. That link doesn't go where it is supposed to. From that menu hit enter and go to discuss.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:23 pm

Bonnie, when I couldn't figure out Flynn's discussion board within 10 seconds, I gave up. BUT....I did post a picture from Saturday night on his MySpace. :wink:

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:41 pm

Maybe if he had his very own KarenZ he would have a nice board like Ellis. :D

It is a pain to use. As you can tell from my lack of posting. :P

At least this link will bring you to the right place:

http://flynnmusic.com/index.php?page=forum

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:52 pm

No....he needs a BonnieG. I'll bet you could whip things into shape. ;)

KarenZ

bonuela wrote:Maybe if he had his very own KarenZ he would have a nice board like Ellis. :D

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:20 pm

Thanks Karen. I couldn't come close to you. but thanks for the compliment!

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:59 am

Lauren wrote:Oh, is the Flynn show the benefit concert thingy? I would like to see that.... Decide, decide, decide...

Flynn is playing at a concert to benefit a local radio show.

I'll be there for sure. I volunteered to help out because the couple that do the show are really trying to provide airplay for unsigned or underexposed local acts.

Here is more info

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:50 pm

Here is another Flynn show. This one just screams roadtrip for all of you Mainers. I'm sure Lyn and Susan would love to play host with me! :D

Saturday, October 21st, 2006 10:30 p.m.
Boston, MA
Paradise Lounge
967 Commonwealth Ave., Boston, MA 02215

phone: 617-562-8814

bonuela

Flynn in PA

Postby bonuela » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:12 pm

Hi. Me again. :oops:

Flynn is going to be in PA too!!

Saturday, September 16th, 2006 8:00 pm
Jim Thorpe, PA
The Mauch Chunk Opera House
14 West Broadway, Jim Thorpe, PA

phone: 570-325-0249

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:43 pm

Oh, I am so there!!! I was giving him so much grief in Ogunquit about upcoming shows... YAY! And I just may take you ladies up on that offer...
:mrgreen:
Flynn's fabulous 3 discs have been on permanent rotation in my car since the show, and have even garnered a few inqueries as to the owner of such melodious lyrics and tunes. I, of course, am happy to oblige them with name, website, discography, physical description, medical history, brogue imitations, hair (facial and head) metamorphases... I think you get the idea. ;)

Thanks for the head's up, Bonnie! I will most definitely be there, and perhaps with friends in tow!
~Lauren

PeteM

Postby PeteM » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:58 pm

I can't get American Wake out of my CD player. I think I see a trip to Boston in October in the future............. :o
Peter

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:20 pm

Two words, Pete, two words:

ROAD TRIP!!!!

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:17 pm

Just a reminder Flynn is playing a radio benefit show this weekend. Let me know if you need more info than can be found
Here

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:33 pm

This one's getting close!! Anybody out there joining us?? :D

Saturday, October 21st, 2006 10:30 p.m.
Boston, MA
Paradise Lounge
967 Commonwealth Ave., Boston, MA 02215

phone: 617-562-8814

SusanH

Postby SusanH » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:40 am

Twist my arm....I think I'll be able to make it!

I'll even save you a seat, you know, if you have to leave for some strange reason???? :wink:
Susan

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:39 pm

It's not a strange reason, it is a very good one!!

Yup. I am going to attend two shows simultaneously. Don't ask me how, for I have yet to figure that part out. :?

Flynn and Matt Nathanson are playing on the same night, on the same street, hopefully at different times. Everybody cross your fingers for me!! :P

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:06 pm

Wow. This is crazier than landing from a trip to the Bahamas and driving to Maine. :o

I love people who are crazier than me. Makes me feel almost sane. ;)

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:26 pm

Crazy//Dedicated
Tomato//Tomah-to

:P

If they aren't on stage at exactly the same time, I can do it. Other wise I have to choose. Don't make me choose. Please. :(

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:37 pm

Bonnie, Bonnie, Bonnie....

"She's in an emotional prison,
the self-inflicted kind"

:roll:

It's gonna all work out! :D

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:26 am

Matt's set time: 10:00PM (an hour long set)
Flynn's set time: 10:30PM (30 - 45 min set)

:x

SusanH

Postby SusanH » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:29 am

Oh no!

I'll still save your seat, hopefully you'll be able to catch a song or two!
Susan

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:52 am

Wow....I can't believe I'm beating Bonnie to the punch. ;)

Flynn has his version of "if she's the one" on his MySpace.

Flynn's MySpace

It doesn't have quite the Mariah Carey ending as Ellis' version (that I am totally bonkers over!) but I like it very much. Flynn has a very appealing voice. Of course, his eyes aren't bad either. ;)

Bonnie, you didn't tell us how you manged to clone yourself this past Saturday night. ;) Did you make it to both shows?

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:06 pm

You got me on that one Karen! :oops:

I fear that between that, and missing his show COMPLETELY on Saturday, I might be demoted from super freaky stalker fan status.

The Flynn fans and the Matt fans ate together and then split up. We went to our respective shows, maintaining cell phone contact the whole time. :D

I know I made the right choice, but I heard I missed an amazing Flynn show. :( He played 3 new songs including If She's The One.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:43 pm

If the new ticker in my signature didn't clue everyone in, Flynn is opening for Ellis' two shows New Years Eve.

8) :) :D :mrgreen: :D :) 8)

(I'm just soooo excited)

Maybe with a little luck and a lot of bubbly we can get ole Cannondrop to grace us with No Sympathy. :lol:

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:34 pm

It was great to see so many people enjoying Flynn on Sunday night. Looks like a lot of people bought CDs too. :D

He has some shows coming up:

1/29/07 Cantab Lounge in Cambridge MA
2/10/07 Rose Garden Coffee House in Mansfield MA co-bill with Antje 8)
2/17/07 Mauch Chunk Opera House in Jim Thorpe PA

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:39 pm

I am hoping to make the Rose Garden show......
Jeff

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:26 pm

I hope to see you there Jeff.

Richard, this is for you!!

Black is the Color video. www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tJcJbtISSw

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:31 am

What a fantastic double bill!!

Antje Duvekot and Flynn :mrgreen:

Saturday, February 10th, 2007