Lori McKenna

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

Lori McKenna

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:39 pm

Here's the cool news tonight: 8)

On the CMA AWARDS show airing NOW:

Faith Hill just sang Lori McKenna's song " STEALING KISSES ".

Bg Vox by Austin, Tx. singer songwriter Kelly Willis..... : 8) I'm a fan. :)

All the while I'm wishing it was Lori up there singing the lead vocal. :roll:

As song fades out.....Faith moves to her right on stage to give the acoustic guitar player a hug......and it's Lori McKenna. 8)

How cool is that? 8)

:D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:25 am

POUR by Lori McKenna is a fave of mine.

After years of listening and loving her music......finally got to see what she looks and sounds like on a stage. It was the Signature Sounds 10th Anniversary Concert DVD and Lori McKenna is up there singing POUR.
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:36 am

Lori is one of my favorites too....Paddy she has a new entry on her online journal...she has lots going on... any chance she'll be back at Eagleview!! Oh wait you are working on getting Ellis Paul right!!!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:55 am

That's right.....would love to see Ellis Paul at Eagleview next summer. :wink:

I hope Lori will return as well...but the way things are going for her, it's not likely. I just hope the folks in Country Music Land embrace her enough to where the next time she's onstage at the CMA Awards she can show them ALL how much better her songs sound when SHE sings them. :wink:

Thanks for the tip on her online journal.....I'll check it out.
paddy

Patti

Local Show

Postby Patti » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:26 pm

Heads up to those in the Boston area... Lori is playing The Paradise this Monday, March 5th... tickets are $15.00 and still available...

I just hope the new CD gets released soon... it keeps getting delayed :(

care

faith hill / lori mckenna

Postby care » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:07 am

faith hill did a cover of fireflies by lori too - maybe they have a deal going on ?

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:11 pm

...and I suspect that Mark Erelli will be in her band - you lucky dawgs!!!!

Do please post a report of the show.

Jela

Patti

Postby Patti » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:55 am

Well I don't think I'll be at Monday's show but I can tell you that a month ago tonight I saw Lori, Mark Erelli and Band at a small house concert. It was awesome.. You can tell they have played music together a lot. Mark had to come to her rescue a few times on some old songs that he remembered but she had forgot!! They ended with Mark's Pilgrim Highway. Lori has lots of great new songs that will be on the next CD as soon as Warner Brothers smartens up and releases it.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:29 am

He's such an accomplished musician - no wonder she's got him in her band. When we saw him with Hayes Carll, they had only met three days previously and he was able to pick up all of Hayes' songs and accompanied him on every single one when they were co-billed.

That house concert sounds wonderful, times likes that are very special - the opportunity to see musicians you really like in an intimate setting, just can't be beaten.

Jela

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:46 pm

From Signature Sound Records:

Lori McKenna and Mark Erelli are going on the road with Faith Hill and Tim McGraw! This Signature duo will be opening all shows on Faith and Tim's tour throughout June and the first week of July. More info is available on Faith Hill's website. Faith is a huge Lori McKenna fan; she even recorded three of Lori's songs on her latest album, including the title track, "Fireflies." Lori is working on a new album of her own for Warner Bros., but you can still get all of her previous albums on our website.

Wahoo.... what a great opportunity for these two.....to think I just saw them together at a house concert about 2 months ago.

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:49 pm

Lori's website has the official word of her upcoming tour with Faith and Tim... It also says the new CD will be out August 14th....

astralweeks

Postby astralweeks » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:02 pm

Did anyone notice that Lori is writing a lot of material for Mandy Moore? There was an article about it in this month's American Songwriter magazine. Mandy Moore, although she started out in the bubble-gum mold, is actually pretty good...

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:13 pm

Been seeing Mandy's name everywhere lately......can't wait to hear some of her music...especially when she sings some of Lori Mckenna's songs. :D
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu May 31, 2007 9:51 pm

There is a great new "youtube" video on Lori's myspace...about 10 minutes long. It has a snippets of new songs and video footage of her day to day life.... about 8 minutes into it, Fireflies plays for just a few seconds and you can hear Ellis's voice, briefly.

I can't wait till the new CD comes out, which should be in August

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:44 pm

I was checking Lori's Myspace page and she has added an entry about her and Mark opening for Faith and Tim. Sounds like it is going great. She also has a digital download of the title track available on Itunes. As soon as my teenage daughter gets home from vacation I'm making her buy it for me!! ( I don't have a clue, but I think this is the summer I get myself an Ipod!!)

Also I checked Faith Hill's myspace and Lori's song Stealing Kisses has been hit almost 2 million times. That's INSANE!!

mm

Postby mm » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:43 am

There is a HUGE (2 pages) article in today's Boston Sunday Globe arts section about Lori and Mark Erelli, a reporter who apparantly trailed Lori for a day in Seattle on the tour bus on the Faith Hill/Tim McGraw tour, lots of great color photos with Lori and Mark. I looked for an online link, but didn't come up with one yet...I'll post it if I find it later. It's very sweet!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:51 am

Thanks mm...

Been enjoying Lori's blogs on myspace about the tour and she mentions the reporter from the Boston Globe hanging out, so it's great to be able to read the piece in today's paper.

side note...the link worked at first, now requires a sign in.... :wink:
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:04 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I walked right down to the corner store and bought my copy. Nice article and pictures. There is a link on Mark's news page to the article in the Boston Globe.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:49 am

Thanks everybody. Sometimes I think the Globe links allow you to access an article once, but then requires a password if you try to access the same article a second time. That has been my experience a few times. Anyway, I just tried the link now and it worked for me.

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles ... rom_passim

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:31 pm

HUGE WAHOO HERE.... I am in for the show this Friday!! The tickets, if the same as they were for my friend last year are unvbelievable. Apparently I will be able to reach out and touch Tim McGraw.. if I wanted to...hmmm... Mark Erelli maybe, but not Tim...

It might take a day or two to make a post due to the New Bedford Folk Festival this weekend, but promise I will...

WAHOO....

PS
I got into Lori's music because of Ellis, perhaps I should be asking him to go with my "extra" ticket.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:50 pm

Patti -- if Ellis can't make it to Boston for the show -- holla!!! :wink:
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:30 am

Well I think Ellis happens to be in Boston this weekend, or Cambridge anyway. Paddy remember that "Demand It" link you mentioned ( I think it was you) well I did it for Lori, and Boston won...so I have been "invited" to a small free acoustic LM concert this weekend too....How Cool is that... they only thing is I will have to miss some of the NBFF to go to it... tuff decision..but I figure if I "Demand" something I better attend!!

Happy Independence Day everyone!!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:43 pm

Hey Patti -- congrats on the Lori McKenna special invitation only show as you were one of the folks that "demanded" Lori play in your town. Just read the rules on "Eventful's" website and how all Lori's fans along the soul2soul tour had an equal shot at landing Lori in concert. The town with the most votes on "DEMAND IT" get Lori all to themselves for a special acoustic show.....

Nice win....Boston!!!

ps...it was me that mentioned it here, and this is the first time I've heard it work in the form of a contest with a group of winners all being invited.

Very cool.... 8) Hope you'll post a few words about it. :D
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:36 am

WOW WOW WOW.. is about all I can say right now... the entire show was incredible...The energy that Faith Hill puts into her act is amazing. It started at the fun pre show party to seeing Lori getting into a limo at the end of the night on the last night of her touring with Faith and Tim..(that wasn't planned but still very cool:). I need to get ready for the "early early" show at Passim's today.. will post more later.. I may try to hang around for the 7:00 show, I wonder if there are any tickets left??!!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:09 am

Girl, you must be living right! Enjoy your music-filled weekend! :D

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:01 am

I just have a few minutes now to say that Saturday in Harvard Square was THE happening place to be!! The show from Lori was incredible but no where near acoustic...Lori had "her" 4 piece band with her and they rocked Passim. What ever the "demand" event was, Passim , Lori and band members only found out about it a few days earlier. Lori liked playing Saturday afternoon and suggested we should to it every Saturday!!...It was great to hear her comments coming the day after her "tour" ended in her home town. She said Boston Garden (aka TD Bank Boston) was the "biggest" place she played but Passim's was her favorite....Everything she played was from the new record or Bittertown. CN8 cable show, Backstage with Sara Edwards was taping so this show will be aired sometime around the middle of August when the CD comes out. I did end up staying for the 1st Ellis show, but more on that later...

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:47 pm

I know it is all about Woody right now but just a little more about Lori, (her new website isn't up yet) she is incredible. I've been reading some blogs from her myspace and some youtube videos and it is hard not to be happy for her. Mark Erelli has some very funny entries of the tour on his web page too. If you want to hear some great new Lori songs go to WUMB links of Mountain Stage.. the link with Judy Collins has 4 songs from Lori...

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:37 am

Patti wrote:Well a week from today Lori's much awaited (by me anyway!) CD Unglamarous will be out. She is due to appear on Good Morning America along with Mark Erelli on the 14th so set your TIVO and enjoy....

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:38 am

paddyinthepub wrote:WooHoo!!! Thanks Patti -- much awaited by me, too!!!

The Good Morning America performance will be tivo'd here!!!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:33 am

The latest People Magazine arrived yesterday and my wife handed it over to me opened to the music review section saying she had a nice surprise for me.

PEOPLE'S music writer Chuck Arnold has given Lori's new record "Unglamorous" three and a half stars. It's a half page writeup with a really nice and sizable photo of Lori. :D
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:12 am

SO COOL!! I'll be picking up a copy in a little while. I actually rec'd the autographed pre-order booklets to my CD's this morning but no CD in the package :(... It makes sence that is the way it gets shipped but I was all excited to listen to the music... TODAY...

Remember next Tuesday Good Morning America!!

Patti

Postby Patti » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:58 pm

Paddy what is on the cover of this issue, I looked at one at the grocery store and couldn't find the review inside. I was looking at the one dated August 13th.

Thanks for your help.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:35 pm

Hey Patti..

Should be the latest issue of People with Kirstie Allie and Valerie Bertinelli on the cover and the byline "How They Keep It Off" (the date on the cover is August 20, 2007.) We subscribe so perhaps it comes to the house before it reaches store shelves???
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:57 am

Quote from Mark Erelli's website:

Monday, August 13th, 2007
Last minute alert: Mark will be performing with Lori McKenna in her band on ABC's Good Morning America program, tomorrow, Tuesday August 14th. Lori is scheduled to go on between 8:30 and 9 am.

Lori's great new record "Unglamorous" is in stores starting tomorrow as well, and Mark will be accompanying Ms. McKenna at various promotional appearances throughout the week. For more information, please visit Lori McKenna's website.

They are doing a few 'in stores' including one in Borders Downtown Crossing, Boston - you lucky locals!

Jela

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:52 am

Thanks for the heads up on GMA , Jela! I'm gonna try to catch it! :)
"Nobody can dim the light which shines from within." ~ Maya Angelou

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:11 am

That was great! She's so beautiful! Lots of good ink and she's going to be on Nightline tomorrow night. Thanks again Jela!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:13 am

aaargh....Even after posting Lori's GMA appearance today on another website the other day...I completely spaced and forgot to set my tivo to record it.....totally lost that today was the day and missed the whole thing!!

Any friends out there with Tivo??? Gosh...used to think I needed a friend with a boat...now clearly I see that I need a friend with Tivo!!! :lol:

Wonder if Lori's hubby is any closer to that boat he's always wanted. :wink:
I certainly hope so..... :D

Thanks for the heads up on Nightline..... :shock:
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:28 pm

the piece on nightline was great, about 7 minutes long.

you can see at at www.abcnightline.com

Musical Momma or Carpooling Mom I think is the title.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:00 pm

At last I was on time for something!!! Was able to watch it live and tivo it for my wife to see later. That was really some piece they did on Lori. I especially enjoyed the very end of it, where you see Lori onstage finishing up an opening set on the soul2soul tour, and you hear Mark Erelli, saying her name to the crowd....."Ms. Lori Mckenna" :D
paddy

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:49 pm

It sure was a great piece. I actually sat down at 10:00 to watch Dateline and was so dissappointed that they weren't doing the segment on Lori. Then I remembered it was Nightline, not Dateline! Barely stayed awake but glad I did. I loved seeing Faith gush over her!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:49 pm

Patti,

Thanks for the link. Just watched the video. Way cool. And you're right Paddy. Way cool hearing Mark's voice at the end too. Did anyone recognize the other guy on stage with Lori and Mark at the end? It sorta looked like Peter Mulvey....

KarenZ

Patti

Postby Patti » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:39 pm

That would have been Russell Chesnofsky (?) The correct spelling is on her CD Unglamarous which she thanks her Boston Band.!

On one of the clips (I forget which one) you can see Mark pretty good.

Needless to say the CD has been taking quite a few spins in my CD player!! I sounds good, really really good. I knew I liked the songs but I was afraid they would be to busy and overproduced, I don't feel that way at all about any of these songs. The arrangements on Your Next Lover, Falter, and Leaving this Life are gorgeous. And I Know You and Written Permission "rock" just enough!!

The only "complaint" I have is a few of the songs lyrics are missing a verse or more?? Hard to believe that that got missed in the editing but better to cut the lyric page and not the actual song!!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:50 pm

I absolutely love this new CD by Lori McKenna.

While I love the whole thing, my hands down favorites on the record are the album's opener ( I Know You..a real rocker), Your Next Lover, I'm Not Crazy, and Written Permission (another rocker).

The bg vocals by Tim Mcgraw blew me away..a real nice surprise. Faith Hill has bgvox on one or two songs, as does Miss Kelly Willis. :D Another fave of mine, Darrell Scott, is listed in the liner notes for guitar on a song.

When Lori played some of these new songs here last summer with her band, it was hard for me to really grasp them or be able to tell what I thought about them at the time. Now that I know them more intimately, from the numerous spins since Tuesday, all I can say is....WOW!!! :D
paddy

Patti

Lori on BackStage with Barry Nolan

Postby Patti » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:30 pm

Heads Up to anyone who gets this show, on Comcast Channel 3. Backstage taped the show Lori and Band played at Passim back in July. It will be aired this Wednesday August 22 at 8:00 and repeat Thursday morning at 11:00.. It may be availabe ON DEMAND for a few days too.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:06 am

Here's a cool writeup on Lori McKenna we came across on Yahoo!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070823/ap_en_mu/music_lori_mckenna
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:17 pm

My mother in law just handed me the USA Today my father in law picked up at the grocery store today and lo and behold, there's an article in the Weekend section about Lori titled: Mom's big break.

It's the Friday, August 24, 2007 edition of USA Today on page 10E of the Weekend section.

This link will take you right to the online version of the article:

http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/life/20070824/d_lorimckenna.art.htm

I was wondering how long Lori and family would continue to living in the same house. The article reveals they are in a house more befitting one with 5 kids...... :D
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:41 pm

Thanks for the links Paddy.... it is great to read all the positive reviews. I like the write up from the Boston Globe too.

The CD is really good... they didn't country-fiy much at all. It is true Lori Mckenna stuff.

SHe was on Backstage on COmcast 8-22-07. It is still available ON DEMAND...though they don't mention her in the headlines the 7 minute interview with Sara Edwards is about 10 minutes into the show. The interview took place on the patio of Passim!!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:49 pm

Hope the backstage show airs in the Philly market as well...thanks for the reminder Patti. I'll have to check and see. Fingers crossed!!!

I set my Tivo to *auto record* anything that has Lori McKenna on it, and was excited to see that Tivo had grabbed a CMT show Lori was on. I quickly fast forwarded to her segment, and was disappointed to learn it was more of a news item and short bio piece with a short clip of an interview with Lori. I was hoping for a live performance or even her video (Unglamorous). It'll build slowly at first - after that - LOOKOUT!!! :D
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:23 am

Click on this link

Lori and Band

to see Lori and Band (including you know who!) perform 'Unglamorous' on Fox25Morning News and 'Witness to your Life' on mymusic.boston.com

Great quality and you'll see why I'm in swoon mode!

Jela

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:29 am

Thank you Jela! What a wonderful way to start the day!! :D

Return to “Looking for My Friends”