Sam Baker

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

Richard + Jela

Re: Sam Baker

Postby Richard + Jela » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:31 pm

What a nice write-up. Thanks for posting Karen.

Jela

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:38 am

Not sure if this has been linked yet but it's late and I should be long asleep so in the interest of sleep and and other manners of beauty

Baseball tonight with Sam Baker, Natalia Zuckerman and John Fullbright at Night Cat in Eaton, MD
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:47 am

The link is perfect as is the song!

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:32 am

Thanks, Paddy! I saw them the night before this was recorded in Pittsburgh and can echo Jela when I say the whole evening was perfect!
:-) John Fullbright is amazing too!

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:11 am

I've been to a few (!) Sam Baker concerts since first seeing him at Greenhouse Concerts, Austin, in March 2007 and have only heard 'Steel' once so was delighted to find this on YouTube:

Sam performing Steel at Greenhouse Concerts last Saturday night. Knowing his back story, I can see why doesn't sing it in live performances, it is one of the most moving songs ever written.

Jela

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:05 pm

Sam is currently touring the UK and Ireland. I've been to three shows and my review on 'No Depression' can be read here:

Sam Baker: UK Tour Sept 2011

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:06 am

Jela,

Thanks for posting the review! Sounds like you have been in HAWG HEAVEN! :mrgreen: Can't wait to see Mr. Baker again!

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:05 pm

great review Jela.. I really wish Sam would tour the US more than he does.. You are lucky to get him in the UK annually...
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:44 am

Yes we are very fortunate to see him so regularly. He has a great following in the UK and sells out many of the venues he plays.

Perhaps the next best thing to seeing Sam live is to watch a live stream and that will be possible on 16th October. See details here

It for a good cause and the line up is fantastic! It'll mean staying up very late for me (will tune in at least for Sam, Carrie and Danny) but you're only an hour's time difference from Texas so you'll be able to enjoy more/all of it.

Jela

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:48 am

Just bumping this up as a reminder of tomorrow's webcast featuring Sam Baker and friends.

Jela

Return to “Looking for My Friends”