Mark McGuinn

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Mark McGuinn

Postby KarenZ » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:03 pm

Folks,

It's always a treat to be introduced to new artists. I've found many new singer-songwriters from recommendations made here on the board. I hope you all feel the same! :)

Anyway, having said that, I was listening to the Americana Music Choice TV channel (that's how I found James Blunt! -who I think I'm going to see here in Pittsburgh on Oct. 5!) :shock: and heard a song/voice that stopped me dead in my tracks. It's someone I had not heard of before. His name is Mark McGuinn and the song that bowled me over is called "deep". Have any of you heard of him? If not, you can hear the song on his MySpace which I will link below. Here's the chorus to "Deep":

It's not how tall you are
It's how deep
A man is measured by the roots
That grow beneath his feet
So when say your prayers tonight
Before you go to sleep
Don't ask the lord to grow you tall
Ask him to grow you deep

Mark McGuinn on MySpace

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

2bluesboys

Postby 2bluesboys » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:11 am

Karen:

Thank you. I really love the lyrics to this song. I went to My Space and listented. It's an uplifiting song & Mark sings it beautifully .

I can't wait to play it for my children tomorrow morning.

Barbara

shari

Postby shari » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:28 am

LOVE the lyrics Karen....

I'd play it for my son, but he might roll his eyes at me with an exasperated groan and an "Oh Mom...." maybe I'll just think it at him....then again I am used to his exasperation. It's good for him...

Thank you....

I think that I'll play that one again.

Shari

Return to “Looking for My Friends”