Vinx

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

mm

Vinx

Postby mm » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:01 pm

I met Vinx a week ago and am currently immersed completely in his sound. I saw him tonight (opening for Marshall Crenshaw), and Vinx was/is amazing. It is just he and his custom-made drum. What a voice and incredible beat and presence. He is a veteran of the music field, and listening to his latest CD all week has been energizing and visceral to me. I recommend highly. He now shares Ellis' management, along with Antje and Flynn.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:53 am

My introduction to Vinx was years ago when he was included on one of the two This is Boston, not Austin CDs...(that I purchased for the Ellis Paul content.) ;) I've never seen Vinx live, though. :(

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

SusanH

Postby SusanH » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:09 pm

Bonnie and I first heard Vinx about a year ago, Club Passim, Flynn was opening. We went to hear Flynn and decided whe just check out who this Vinx band was, we even moved our seats to the aisle so we wouldn't disturb anyone when we got up to leave after a song or two.

Needless to say, we were both hooked, around song 5 or 6, Bonnie leaned in to me and said "I'm staying, you can leave if you want", My reply was..." I was gonna say the same to you!".

Vinx is absolutely amazing!
Susan

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:52 am

He was very impressive at the show in Natick for the song he was on with Ellis, and I wish I had been able to return last Friday when he opened for Marshall Crenshaw. Very different and very cool.....
Jeff

mm

Postby mm » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:45 pm

Yes, Jeff, I didn't include that in the mention that Vinx had come up on stage with Ellis at that show of Ellis' the week prior (he was seated next to my husband and I and I didn't know that until he went on stage!). Consider that as just a glimpse.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:41 pm

There really is no way to describe Vinx, and CDs don't do him justice. He uses his whole body as an instrument. He will sing entire songs using nothing but his voice, a tap or two on his chest and it is completely mesmerizing.

If you get a chance to see him don't miss it!!
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:28 pm

Vinx has taken the concept of the Living Room Concert to the extreme. Unfortunately it is out of my price range, but he is hosting a musical weekend at his home in Georgia.

www.vinx.com
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Return to “Looking for My Friends”