The Low Anthem

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

Richard + Jela

The Low Anthem

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:54 pm

I love this band which hails from Rhode Island. Saw them last year for the first time (altho' have their CDs) and it was one of my 'gigs of the year'. They are in the UK again next month but the show I can get to is completely sold out :cry:

My only chance is to get a press pass as I'm happy to review it for Maverick magazine. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

They are also coming back in November and I have bought tickets for that. The new CD 'Smart Flesh' is currently on constant play in my car and I am loving it. Just adore Ben Knox-Miller's voice and the sound they create together.

Jela

Patti

Re: The Low Anthem

Postby Patti » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:30 pm

Yes, they are originally from Rhode Island. They played at Stone Soup back in 2008.. a split bill with Annie Lynch and the Beekeepers..

Sounds like its time to try to get them back !!

They should consider themselves lucky if you get to write their review Jela !!
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:28 am

There's an outtakes CD that comes with the new one and it is wonderful too. Hope you do get them back Patti, I like them very much.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Folks,

NPR has made available online Low Anthem's recent live performance at the 6th and I Street Synagogue in Washington, D.C.:

The Low Anthem in Concert

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “Looking for My Friends”