Brother Sun

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

Grace

Brother Sun

Postby Grace » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:47 pm

The new trio, Brother Sun with Pat Wictor, Joe Jencks and Jeff Greenway will be at the Sanders Theater in Cambridge on January 7th along with Ellis Paul and others. I haven't heard them together yet, but they're very talented individuals so it's got to be good. :D The link below has a list of some other shows in the NE during the next couple of months.

http://brothersunmusic.com/?section=bio

paddyinthepub

Re: Brother Sun

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:52 pm

Hey Grace, thanks for the heads up on Brother Sun, I know Ellis is a fan of and occasionally performs with Pat Wictor. He was the only one I had heard of until just now when I clicked on the link to discover that Jeff Greenway is, in fact Greg Greenway. Jeff, I've never heard of. Greg, altogether different story. I was listening to his music 20 years ago.

Welcome Aboard, Grace, if I missed sayin it before.....

8)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Grace

Postby Grace » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Sorry, I meant Greg Greenway! For some reason, I keep thinking his first name is Jeff.

Pat Wictor gets some incredible sounds out of the slide guitar, and the trio's harmonies are really beautiful. The folks in Boston are lucky to have Ellis there on New Year's Eve, and then this great show about week later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEj7lSdhY_8

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:57 am

Grace,

Thanks for the YouTube link. Loved it! I agree about Pat Wictor....I've seen him a few times and he's terrific. :-)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “Looking for My Friends”