Paul McCartney

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Paul McCartney

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:06 am

Folks,

If you missed the premier of Paul McCartney: In Performance at the White House which aired on PBS two nights ago, here's a link where you can watch the entire show. Sir Paul received the Gershwin Prize for Popular Song.....the show was terrific with a range of other musicians (from the Jonas Brothers to Faith Hill) performing Sir Paul's songs, which was really fun. The President and Mrs. Obama were there, and Sir Paul dedicated "Michelle" to Michelle Obama.

I think my favorite moment was Paul and Stevie Wonder performing "Ebony and Ivory". Paul proved he still has the pipes on "Hey Jude".

I would have posted this yesterday, but wanted to wait until the video link was up on the PBS website. Check your local PBS station's schedule, as I'm sure the show will be re-broadcast.

Paul McCartney: In Performance at the White House

Here's the songs you'll see/hear in order of performance:

Got To Get You Into My Life
Performed by Sir Paul McCartney

We Can Work It Out
Performed by Stevie Wonder

Drive My Car
Performed by Jonas Brothers

Mother Nature's Son
Performed by Jack White

Long and Winding Road
Performed by Faith Hill

Blackbird
Performed by Herbie Hancock and Corinne Bailey Rae

Penny Lane
Performed by Elvis Costello

For No One
Performed by Emmylou Harris

Celebrations
Performed by Lang Lang

Band on the Run
Performed by Dave Grohl

Ebony and Ivory
Performed by Stevie Wonder and Sir Paul McCartney

Michelle

Eleanor Rigby

Let It Be

Hey Jude
Performed by Ensemble of artists, with President Obama

Yesterday

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Paul McCartney

Postby KarenZ » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:22 am

Been meaning to post this for several days. Paul McCartney was the inaugural performer at Pittsburgh's new Consol Energy Center (Pittsburgh Penguins new home) on Aug. 18, 2010. Tickets for the show sold out in a matter of minutes so a second show was added for the next day.

I was NOT there. :-(

See article and vifdeo below.

Sellout crowd gushes over new arena's pop start

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “Looking for My Friends”