The Fab Faux

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

The Fab Faux

Postby KarenZ » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:33 am

Folks and Beatles' fans,

Good friend Tim Blixt (Cabin Concerts) is a huge fan of The Fab Faux. Tim says the Faux are the best Beatles band around and if Tim makes a statement like that, well, you gotta believe it. :)

Anyway, Tim just sent me a link from the latest Fab Faux newsletter. Turns out the band recorded a session at the Sirius Studios. It's the almost complete Side 2 of Abbey Road. You just have to watch this 18-minute video:

The Fab Faux - Abbey Road Side 2

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Re: The Fab Faux

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:01 pm

Very Cool! I seemed to recall hearing that Jim Boggia of the Philadelphia region and 4Way Street fame was somehow a part of this group. I see the blonde guitar player in Paul Shaffer's CBS Orchestra (The Late Show with David Letterman) is in Fab Faux. 8)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Looking for My Friends”