John Gorka

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: John Gorka

Postby KarenZ » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:48 am

Paddy and all,

WUMB will feature a track from John's newest CD tomorrow morning (Oct. 20, 2009) at 7:40am on their Tuesday Premier segment.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri May 14, 2010 8:02 am

John Gorka will be live on air at noon today on WUMB

Thanks to MonicaR for the email heads up! 8)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri May 14, 2010 9:47 am

I'm tuned in already! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri May 14, 2010 10:00 am

paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 pm

Like My Watch live in the studio!!!

Tonight at The Me and Thee with Anne Heaton
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri May 14, 2010 12:09 pm

Ooh! A forthcoming CD with Eliza Gilkyson and Lucy Kaplansky! :)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri May 14, 2010 12:11 pm

Can't Get Over It live now.. 8)

So Dark You See on JGDB
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri May 14, 2010 12:35 pm

His kids lean towards Country music and Rock and whatever friends are into on the ipods they won't be joining John in Italy next week where he plays festivals with Michael Manring who got him the gigs...

An abridged version of Ignorance and Privelege as about halfway thru John lost the flow, got lost in a Hank Senior Moment kinda way... :P

On to talk of the Pirogi recipe up on the website it's an old family recipe from his father's side and maybe his sister's he thinks it's okay with them that it's up there. It's also included in a cookbook Austin City Limits put out with recipes from artists that had played the show. He made some last week for his wife and they came out good, adding that it's all about the dough, and the humidity helped them roll right out!

Finished up with a Utah Phillips song and promises a full version of Ignorance and Privelege tonight at Me and Thee. Lastly, just love the way John talks about his history by mentioning by name the place in Bethlehem Pa that afforded him early opportunity.....8)

Godfrey Daniels
paddy

annieb

Postby annieb » Fri May 14, 2010 3:06 pm

Ohhhhh! I hate that I missed this!

I saw your post on FB this morning Pat, but was running around all day. :(

Thanks, always for the heads up even when I can't partake!!

Happy Weekend all! :)

Annie

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri May 14, 2010 3:34 pm

JG was asked about FB & agreed it was a great way to keep fans up to date -- also touched on the time consuming aspect of facebook.
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:31 pm

I was perusing Facebook today (an addiction, really) when across the screen came the news that James Arness died today. Faster than Marshall Dillon could draw his pistol on an outlaw this song came to mind.

That's Why by John Gorka
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:52 am

Paddy,

Thanks for the link above which I just saw today for the first time. You posted it while I was at Kerrville, so I guess that's why I missed it. As a HUGE fan of Gunsmoke, I was saddened to hear the news of James Arness' passing that day.....which ironically was passed on to me by EP.

John Gorka will appear on WUMB's Live At Noon this Friday, July 29, 2011.

KarenZ

Return to “Looking for My Friends”