Christopher Williams

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

Sue Ellen

Christopher Williams

Postby Sue Ellen » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:45 am

Wow. By just looking at him, I never would have guessed that Christopher Williams is really a Black man. Amazing.

I caught his show at Jammin Java last night and was really blown away...he was really intense; he pounded the heck out of his guitar and that African drum thing. And he sang with such SOUL. The show reminded me of a ride I had on an old wooden roller coaster a few weeks ago: bone-jarring, teeth-rattiling, heart-stopping, brain-numbing intense.

Wow.

Sue Ellen

but I couldn't get him to wear a lapel pin; do I still get extra credit if he just took one?
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:31 am

Didn't I tell you? Christopher Williams is a black man. :)

Ain't he freakin' amazing with that djembe? Now you'll listen to Ellis Paul Live at Club Passim with all new ears. :wink: And such wonderful songs....

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

shari

Postby shari » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:41 am

I am glad to see this thread here! Christopher is amazing. I caught him this past Tuesday night at The Bitter End in NYC.

His new song "Just Yet" reduces me to tears every time I hear it.

:-) !!! Whenever I tell people about him, they look him up on iTunes and they get very confused.....

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:37 am

Karen wrote:Now you'll listen to Ellis Paul Live at Club Passim with all new ears.

Well, I asked Christopher Williams to sign that cd for me, but he said he couldn't sign a cd he hadn't heard yet.

Shari, is he always so intense, just raw energy and emotion? I'm still buzzing and I slept six hours.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:53 am

Yes! A CW thread!!!!
OMG....you would not believe the amount of e-mails and phone calls Christopher received when there was a rumor that Christopher Williams (the black one) died....craziness!! His picture was attached to the story and for some odd reason it did not dawn on everyone it was not the same person...hmmmm...I would think that would be pretty obvious :wink:

He is AMAZING....love love love him!!! He will be playing here on Sept. 10th but that is my wedding anniversary and my husband is really against going to the show. Everyone please keep your fingers crossed that a miracle happens and he gives in!!!!

I too was brought to tears when I heard the song he wrote for his dad. Beautiful!!
Last edited by emilyg on Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:19 am

I just knew emilyg would chime into this thread! :)

Emily! Tell your husband that for your anniversary you want to go to the Christopher Williams show! There's no way he can say no to that!!!

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:24 am

Ha! I already tried that one!!! It's even a free show - Summer Breeze - and he still said no. I need to think of Plan B. Any ideas????

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:27 am

Hmmm...I do have 2 boxes of his cds for that show. I HAVE to go so he has cds to sell...don't I????? :twisted:

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:39 am

Just go. ;)

KarenZ

emilyg wrote:Ha! I already tried that one!!! It's even a free show - Summer Breeze - and he still said no. I need to think of Plan B. Any ideas????

shari

Postby shari » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:37 pm

Hi Sue Ellen,

My experience of Christopher is that he is in constant motion on stage. I love to watch him. :-)

Shari

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:50 pm

I dared take pictures only when Christopher broke a string; the whole while he was restringing the guitar he was singing this great acapella piece.

Christopher Williams at Jammin Java

I'm still not certain about doing these links, so please let me know if it works.

Sue Ellen

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:29 pm

Looks good to me, Sue Ellen! Sounds (and looks) like you had a great time. :)
~L~

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:07 pm

Does anyone know if C-Dub will be joining in on the New Years festivities?
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Patti

Postby Patti » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:05 am

Just checking out some music tonight... I've only seen Chris W. once or twice with Ellis Paul. BUT boy his stuff sounds good... I need to get his latest CD.

EMILY, did you get to go for your anniversary???!!

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:23 pm

Yes I did!!! We both enjoyed the night with family and friends under the Oklahoma sky - it was so much fun! I can't wait to hear him again soon!! You definitely should pick up the new album - you can never go wrong with CW! :)

Patti

Postby Patti » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:32 pm

Chris played at Stone Soup last night on a split bill with Jake Armeding. Instead of splitting the night they accompanied each all night which made for some great music and lots of laughs.. Chris has really grown as a musician since the first time I saw him, which was the first night of the infamous EP Trio Tour** Fall 2000... He laughed saying "Wow, that was a long time ago." He also said he had just bought his drum kit that day to go on tour and they weren't' exactly sure how that would all turn out..
Mighty Fine if you ask me.. and really is there any cuter bald headed man out there!!

Chris has a CD of Christmas music available if you happen to need some nice holiday music...

**There is debate if this was actually the first night of the tour or their only night of rehearsal!!**
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

john1977

Christopher Williams

Postby john1977 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Hey all,

Just got to thinking about Christopher's wonderful music and how it's been a long time since he's performed with Ellis. I would love to see a reunion of the trio that consisted of Ellis, Chris and DonCon. I was fortunate enough to catch several of Christopher's solo shows that he played in Maine a couple of years ago and he was mesmerizing.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Christopher Williams

Postby KarenZ » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:45 pm

It's been too long since I've seen Christopher too! He blew us away at WoodyFest a few years ago!

KarenZ

Patti

Postby Patti » Tue May 17, 2011 3:41 pm

Just Saw that Chris is performing at Passim this Sunday...

What a great artist.. full of energy.. He is releasing a new CD but Silence In Between will always be a favorite of mine.. of all my CDs.. :P

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Just noticed Chris is opening for Ellis at a show in Nashville in February !! Lucky people in the audience ..

Return to “Looking for My Friends”