Chris Trapper

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

bonuela

Re: Chris Trapper

Postby bonuela » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:50 am

everything shines and sea of no cares are the great big sea related ones.

i believe boston girl was adapted for the t.v. show, but it is an older push stars tune. one of my favorites!

i like to call patti's place "fun with folk singers". it is just the kind of atmosphere where the artist/friend chasm is bridged. even if only for an hour. something about the wine and coffee and cookies along with the comfy couches allows us the freedom to do things we wouldn't in a club or bar somewhere. after someone noticed that chris was wearing the same shoes as one of his cd covers, monica started snapping pics. soon, folks were posing him, there were props and everything! when flynn was there, i managed to talk him into doing a song that he didn't even know.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Bonnie you help bring out the best in them... :D We do seem to have fun.. 8)

Chris wrote me a nice note saying the crowd was very sweet.. yes he was talking about the crowd not the cookies..

And NO that was not cooking wine I was serving... :P
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:15 am

WUMB Top 10 albums of 2009

Chris Trapper is number 15.... I think that is mighty admiral 8)

Of course delighted for Antje being number one!!

Patti

Postby Patti » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Saw Chris perform at a nice littel coffeehouse in Providence the other night. Very enjoyable, very entertaining, really loved every song he did. Not sure why it took so long for me to "get" into his music but I'm sure glad I did. For me it is def. due to the praises he has received via this discussion board that I checked him out , so thank you to you guys and gals.. :D

I suggested to Chris I thought he and Ellis need to do a tour together :mrgreen:

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:54 am

Excellent suggestion, Patti! That's how I met Chris, when he opened for Ellis in Asheville. :) Mike Clem was there too which made the evening that much more fun. Chris sat in with them on Lights of Vegas and it was just awesome!
"Nobody can dim the light which shines from within." ~ Maya Angelou

Patti

Re: Chris Trapper on TV APRIL 1st

Postby Patti » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:25 pm

CHRIS TRAPPER on the FOX25 MORNING SHOW
Time:8:40AM Thursday, April 1st

WUMB that afternoon

TCAN in Natick on the 2nd

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:31 pm

Just a reminder. Chris Trapper live on WUMB today at 2pm. That's 30 minutes from now! :shock:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:13 am

Chris Trapper WERS This morning...9:00 I don't think I'll be home but I should be abel to listen in the car !!

barb62

Postby barb62 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:58 pm

I hosted Chris Trapper this past Sat for the 2nd time this year. There aren't enough nice words to describe Chris's talent and personality. He is one class act!

Where do I begin? First of all I created quite a long song list expecting Chris to pick a few; he did all but 2 songs that I requested. Each set lasted over a hour and there were 12 songs in each set - yes 24 songs! It was magnificient!

Second, Chris has such a warmth about him. He is so down to earth and grounded. He went out of his way to talk at length to my oldest son who is disabled. He preceded to tell me of his admiration towards me on how I interact with my son. This means sooooo much to me!

Thirdly, his interaction with every single person is to be commended! He engages the audience with not only his incredible songs but stories as well!

I've been hosting house concerts for 1.5 years and Chris is by far my favorite performer. Way to go Mr. Trapper! You are off the charts in my book!
Barb - JAMMIN' JULES HOUSE CONCERTS in NJ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:48 am

Barb, love reading about your house concerts - such a great way to listen to music.

Chris is coming to the UK in December and am hoping that we can get to a show.

Jela

barb62

Postby barb62 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:37 pm

Thanks Jela! I can't belive how lucky I am to have artists like Chris and Ellis perform in my home - it truly is my passion! I told Chris he has to sign a 10 yr contract with Jammin' Jules - ha ha.

Patti

Postby Patti » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:14 am

Chris Trapper is opening for Ellis in New Hampshire this weekend. Sure wish he was opening at the Fall RIver show..

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed May 11, 2011 10:01 am

Folks,

Chris Trapper will be live in the studio of WUMB tomorrow May 12, 2011 at 2pm EST!

WUMB

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:55 am

FYI

Chris will be the special guest opening act when Ellis performs at Stone Soup Coffee House on May 12th in Pawtucket RI..

Looking back at posts about Chris Trapper I see I mentioned twice I wish Chris would appear together with Ellis some time... SO happy it is happening close to home.

Tickets available thru paypal at www.soup.org or stonesoupcoffeehouse.com

Return to “Looking for My Friends”