Andrew Hyra

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

Hyrafan

Andrew Hyra

Postby Hyrafan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:58 am

We need a thread for Andrew Hyra! In the 90's through 2000's he was an Atlantic duo with Sugarland's Kristian Bush. Their band was called Billy Pilgrim. Billy Pilgrim's song Insomniac (preformed by Bush) also features Ellis Paul!
My friend, Andrew, is still releasing solo albums and even Billy Pilgrim cuts. He's releasing his newest album, Curios, on disk soon. He's already released it for MP3 download on his website, www.andrewhyra.com
"You pour me out just to get your fill/ Now it's all over, your cup has spilled" Andrew Hyra's Spill

paddyinthepub

Re: Andrew Hyra

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:09 pm

On my very first date with my new friend and now wife we walked into the outdoor concert pavillion to the sound of Billy Pilgrim winding down their last song in their opening for Melissa Etheridge set....circa late 1994.

So, I guess you could say Kristian and Andrew were our first live music experience together, on a path that would lead us eventually to the wonderful world ain't slowing down ways of Ellis Paul. What a long, strange trip it's been! :wink:

I'm in! :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:16 pm

Welcome Hyrafan! Thanks for the Andrew Hyra update.

I have two Billy Pilgrim CDs....and love the version of "Insomniac" with EP! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:37 pm

Talk about strange.....where oh where are my southern manners? :oops:

Welcome to the forum, Hyrafan! :D
paddy

Hyrafan

Postby Hyrafan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:44 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

paddyinthepub, talk about strange roads that one artist takes us. I didn't like music for a long time. Then I saw Sugarland on tv and fell in love with thier music. Research lead me to Billy Pilgrim which lead me to Ellis Paul and other great songwriters.
"You pour me out just to get your fill/ Now it's all over, your cup has spilled" Andrew Hyra's Spill

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:23 pm

Here's one for you....

I must have been speed reading the day oh so long ago Ellis Blogged here on his website about Sugarland. I read country music and kept going. What I missed entirely was that Kristian of Ellis' song Kristian's Song was in the group, not to mention another artist I was really fond of in the now out of the group Kristen Hall. I just know had I slowed down long enough to listen to what Ellis was trying to say I would have gotten it years earlier than I did..... :oops:
paddy

Hyrafan

Postby Hyrafan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:54 pm

Lol, wow. There's always those small details that you can miss in the blink of an eye.
I be-friended Andrew a while back and now we're pretty good friends. What I didn't know at the time was that his sister is the proclaimed actress Meg Ryan. I've been talking to Meg Ryan's brother as a friend and didn't even know it! Now, Meg and Andrew are estranged from their family, so I doubt he talks to her much.

Return to “Looking for My Friends”