Barry Manilow

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Barry Manilow

Postby KarenZ » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:13 am

There doesn't seem to be a thread for Barry Manilow. :oops: For a long time Barry was my #1 (before he was de-throned by Ellis Paul.) ;)

But I'll be watching Barry tonight as he performs on PBS' A Capitol Fourth at 8pm EST. :)

For information on others who will be performing tonight, click HERE.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Re: Barry Manilow

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:56 pm

Offer Ellis a choice.....This Old Car..or...Mandy

:lol:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:09 pm

Paddy,

If I thought it would do any good, I would! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:35 pm

After last New Year's Bee Gees who knows maybe this year it'll be Barry Manilow???? So Karen you might get 'Mandy' after all...hee hee

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:23 pm

Jela,

You're right! I can just hear EP doing a passionate rendition of "I Write the Songs"! Hee....hee.....hee....

KarenZ

Patti

Postby Patti » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:25 pm

Well, after seeing Ellis today, I think he would def. opt for the Bee Gees. He was on stage with Cliff Eberhardt and Bob Franke and mentioned they were like the Bee Gees, minus the chest hair!!

PS Mandy is a cool song :wink:
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Return to “Looking for My Friends”