Johnsmith

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Johnsmith

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:31 am

Yikes. I'm :shock: that we haven't had a Johnsmith thread before now. John in one of my FAV-O-RITES. His To the Four Directions is one of my desert island discs. Can't wait to get my hands on his new CD. (See announcement from his recent newsletter below.) Anything that includes Jimmy LaFave and Rad Lorkovic is gonna be stellar (if not swoonworthy!). :-) And co-produced by Tom Prasado-Rao. Wow.

KarenZ

Big news is, I’m proud to announce the release of my new CD “Gravity of Grace”.

Co-produced with my dear friend, groove guru, Tom Prasada-Rao in his Dallas TX Wildwood Tofu Bar studio. I loved working with Tom and highly encourage others to do the same. I gotta say I am really happy and excited about this CD. It felt so great and right going down.

Featured players: Tom who played incredible nylon, steel, high string, tenor, 12 string, and banjo guitars, uke, violin, and some harmonies. Jagoda - awesome percussion. Darrell Scott - guitar & vocals. Tim O’Brien - mandolin & vocals. Radoslav Lorkovic - keys. Ray Bonneville - blues harp. Dan Sebranek - guitar & vocals. Michael Lille - electric guitars. Elisi Smith-Waller - vocals. Jimmy LaFave – vocals. Jonathan Byrd –vocals. Cary Cooper - vocals, and Gordon MacLeod - whistles and fiddle. 13 songs - 10 originals and three fun covers.

You can order Gravity of Grace direct through me ( I make a little more this way) or thru CDbaby.com. They will have them online by early next week. I have them in hand now.

To order from me send $17 to 24721 2nd St Trempealeau WI 54661.

Call your local folks stations to request it. They will have it in the next week or two.
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Re: Johnsmith

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:35 pm

Karen -- first heard Johnsmith at Kerrville late 80's early 90's -- loved him. See he was just there May 30 --you really need to get down there someday. What's a guy named John Smith to do to stand out? Make the kind of music he makes and combine his names. Lovin his myspace songs.

Johnsmith
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Looking for My Friends”