Sarah Siskind

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

john1977

Sarah Siskind

Postby john1977 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:06 pm

Hey all,

Just wanted to tell you all about an amazing singer/songwriter that I just recently discovered. Sarah Siskind has written several songs that Allison Krauss has recorded and just released an incredible album called "Say It Louder". I have been completely blown away by this album. I discovered Sarah's music through one of my favorite current bands, Bon Iver whom she toured with last year. Justin Vernon, the primary member of Bon Iver was so moved by her music that he asked her to join his band on tour. On one of the stops they performed a beautiful and heartbreaking version of Sarah's song "Lovin's for Fools".

Here's a link to the video of that performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wC_kZNYMWg

Of interest to Ellis Paul fans: there's a video on YouTube of Sarah playing a show with Duke Levine...and one of her biggest influences is Jennifer Kimball...

I hope you all get a chance to hear her music!

Take care,

John

paddyinthepub

Re: Sarah Siskind

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu May 28, 2009 9:16 pm

Love music blips on radar...thanks John. :wink:

Just read Bon Iver's bio -- if that's really his name.... :lol:

Nice youtube with Justin Vernon and Sarah Siskind on Sarah's song Lovin's for Fools...very nice! 8)

Enjoyed reading about his time in the woods of northern Wisconsin to deal with things. 8)

I'll keep eyes and ears open for these two.....looks like they are crossing the pond together on tour.
Wow...here's a Youtube of Sarah Siskind's new single. It's audio plus high praise from high places.

Sarah Siskind "Falling Stars" Single Video

Ellis Paul records with Duke Levine on guitar keep me thinking if Duke Levine is playing on a record you can sign me up!
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

paddyinthepub

Re: Sarah Siskind

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri May 29, 2009 1:29 am

With this video I now know who Sarah Siskind reminds me of the most: Maia Sharp 8)

Sarah Siskind performs "Falling Stars" with Duke Levine at Lizard Lounge in Boston on Feb 27, 2008.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Looking for My Friends”