Susan Werner

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Susan Werner

Postby KarenZ » Tue May 05, 2009 10:59 am

Folks,

Saw Susan Werner Sunday night at the beautiful East Liberty Presbyterian Church in the East Liberty neighborhood of Pittsburgh. Hadn't seen her since she participated in the Fall 2001 EllisPaulooza string of shows, so I was long overdue. I've been hearing tracks from her new Classics release on WUMB and bought it Sunday night. It is simply wonderful. Her take on Simon and Garfunkle's "Hazy Shade of Winter" opens the CD and is my favorite....followed closely by the next track: Marvin Gay's "Mercy Mercy Me". Really good stuff. Hearing these tunes with classical accompaniment is truly ear candy. Listen to "Hazy Shade of Winter" here and tell me if this doesn't knock your socks off. Play it LOUD. :)

Susan Werner on MySpace

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Susan Werner

Postby KarenZ » Tue May 19, 2009 12:13 pm

Folks,

I'm still OCD on Susan Werner's Classics.

Bonnie, while listening to Susan again this morning, I heard a line of lyric from Cat Steven's "The Wind" that I know you sometimes use as a sig file:

I let my music take me where my heart wants to go

Is that where you got it? From Cat Stevens?

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “Looking for My Friends”