Adam Ezra

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

SusanH

Adam Ezra

Postby SusanH » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:37 am

Hey Everyone..

We need to start a tread on Adam Ezra. Saw him for the first time when he opened for Ellis on Dec 30th...he was amazing! Love the two albums I bought.

Saw him again on Saturday night when he opened for Ellis in North Andover.

Here is the set list for his show (I apologize in advance to Adam if I got a couple of song titles wrong) :oops:

Flying
Basement Song (with new Obama verse, took out GWB verse)
Okay by You Tonight
She's Just a Girl
Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)
and Encore:
Playing for Two

I look forward to Adam's next show, although I really dissapointed that his next big solo show in Boston is on the same day as Ellis and Flynn in Kingston...oh well!
Susan

paddyinthepub

Re: Adam Ezra

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:09 am

Susan.....did you really just start a thread? :P :shock: :lol:

Thanks.

I find it cool that Adam came thru for you guys and played Flyin, first! And that he came out here to the discussion board to say hey. Not once but twice. Hope to see more of that in the future with Adam here and maybe even other artists on the threads where we go on and on about them.

I saw on Ellis Paul's myspace (on the mp3 player) Ellis recommends folks check out Adam Ezra.

So I did.....hard to tell by just 2 songs sometimes....but what I heard worked.

Lastly......how lucky are you all in the Boston area to get to look at those regional music calendars.....

decide, decide, decide must be a common problem with all that live music to choose from.... :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

AndaleOrbea

Postby AndaleOrbea » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Yea Susan! I'm glad you started a thread for AE. This guy is something special (and if you're reading this Adam, you really are!)

We [Elaine and I] also were there to see Adam open up for Ellis on NYE - right in the spit zone and he was spectacular! Elaine met him afterward and he was so nice to her, too.

My first thought when I saw him was, 'Gee, I hope he doesn't poke himself in the eye with those loose ends of his guitar strings' but by the end of his set, I thought he was en fuego! Really got the show going for Ellis and the boys on NYE.

I totally wish we could have come to the show Saturday to see AE, EP and Flynn. I seriously thought about jumping on a plane at the last minute just to show up at the venue - perhaps someday...

Thanks to Susan and Bonnie for the postings. You gals are too cool.
Dean

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:12 am

Folks,

I noticed that Adam Ezra was recently added to the artist roster at Ralph Jaccodine Management. He's in really good company now. ;-)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:28 pm

congrats to both adam and rjm. may it be a long and profitable relationship.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:40 pm

It seems as though we are reaping immediate benefits from this new partnership. :mrgreen:

Adam Ezra, Flynn and Seth Glier

Friday, May 8th, 2009 8:00pm
The Center of the Arts Natick (TCAN)
14 Summer St.
Natick, MA 01760

Price: $20.00

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:32 pm

Wow.....a 3-fer, you lucky DAWGS! Cool beans! 8)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed May 06, 2009 10:27 am

Dean,
Wake up wake up!! It's time for a recap of the show last night.
:mrgreen:

AndaleOrbea

Postby AndaleOrbea » Thu May 07, 2009 11:17 pm

It's ridiculous busy around here Bon! Mom just flew in from Utah, AE and Toad on Tuesday, gotta fit some work in and driving to Chelsea's graduation tomorrow - celebration on Saturday.

Here's the setlist:
1. On Forever [?]
2. The Basement Song
3. Katie
4. She's Just a Girl
5. We Kill Time [?]

Help me out Bonnie...

Walked in to the venue - and yelled 'Hey! It's Ralph!' yes, Ralph J was in the house, I re-introduced us to him. It was nice to see him and we told him we drove all the way from Chicago to see Adam. later he told Adam and he came back to ask us what we wanted - foot massages or something. I asked that he sign a couple of disks for several of my daughter's graduation gifts - I should have asked if he'd play 'Dumb Love Song' but missed the opportunity - would have loved to have heard 'Coverman' or 'Fairytales' too - but I know he only had a chance for a few songs.

There was a rumor that Rachel might be coming to Ann Arbor, but alas - I'm sure someone had to stay back and mind the farm. Sorry. We so missed you Rachel!!!!

Toad was good, but really hard to understand - music was too loud - I only knew about 4 of their songs, so it was tough to keep a set list, plus it was too dark to write after Adam left the stage (figuratively and literally - Adam's good fun!)

Got to finally meet Adam and Turtle after the show - I think I monopolized too much time - I know others wanted talk to him. Someone actually butted in to our conversation - anyway. I didn't get to meet Adam at NYE at Passim, Elaine did - he's so nice. I asked about the http://www.picktheband.com and his new signing with Ralph - he was working on something else that sounded on the QT, so I won't say anything, at least until I know it's public - something about the band - good news I hope - sorry to be cryptic.

Afterward, I saw Glenn Phillips of Toad - I actually mentioned to him that MonicaM says hello and that I listened to her radio show where she interviewed him last Saturday. Gave him my last Sharpie.

Ann Arbor was great - beautiful night, had a wonderful dinner streetside before the show. Spring definately in Michigan.

Took two 1/2 day's off work. My colleagues think I'm nuts.

That's it for the quick report. got lots to do, Bon. Have fun tomorrow with Flynn, Adam and Seth - I'm jealous, but my little girl will only graduate college the first time, once in her life - that's a bit of a mouthful huh? anyway.

Talk to you later.
db

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri May 08, 2009 6:20 am

Dean,

Thanks for the report and congratulations to your daughter! :)

KarenZ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri May 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Dean - thanks and have a great time at the graduation proud Dad!

Jela

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sun May 10, 2009 6:01 am

Adam Ezra is one of 10 finalists in the Singer/Songwriter contest at next weekend's Wildflower Festival, Richardson TX.

SingerSongwriter contest @ Wildflower

Good luck, Adam.

Jela

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon May 11, 2009 11:22 am

I saw Adam on Friday at TCAN with Flynn and Seth Glier.

He is just so full of energy. He bounces up on stage and goes from there. Sort of a folk singing Tigger. :mrgreen:

Adam's mom is also a singer songwriter and he called her up on stage to sing one of her rounds. It is clear where he got his interest in politics. :D Speaking of... he is still playing around with updating the presidential verse in Basement Song. I think the challenge is, it is an angry part of the song, and happiness about Change doesn't fit there. I am interested to see how it evolves.

I have yet to see him play with his band. I hope to make a Portland show in June. He is playing a Rock and Blues Cruise on August 8th. After joining Ellis last year, I have no intention of doing that again. :oops:

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon May 25, 2009 11:57 pm

So I was sitting on my couch in my jammies, well after noon time when my phone rang. I heard, "Bonnie, did you know that Adam Ezra Group is playing a free show this afternoon. Down the street from your house?" Now if I knew that would I be on the couch in the aforementioned pajamas?

There was a Lacrosse tournament at Gillette Stadium this weekend and today was the big final. They had live music going on just outside of the stadium.

We got there in time for soundcheck and heard a great version of Angel From Montgomery. I didn't take a set list. Shhh. I don't know the song names very well. :oops: It was my first time seeing the whole band and they were great. Lots of percussion and lots of energy. A really great show.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Tue May 26, 2009 3:35 am

Nice story Bonnie. He did win an award in the Wildflower Singer/Songwriter Competition.

Wildflower Singer/Songwriter contest winners

Jela

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue May 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Jela, thanks for the link! I meant to ask him how that went.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:17 pm

Attention music lovers of Denver. Adam is on his way to your fine city.

This is from Facebook:

hey folks!
josh here. so, adam is off to denver to play some acoustic shows.... i haven't heard from him recently, but i'm sure at this point he's probably shoeless, standing on the side of the road, guitar under one arm, thumb in the air.... probably somewhere in ohio....
on monday night, he'll be at the walnut room in denver....
on wednesday he'll be at meadowlark.
help spread the word! maybe you could bring him some skittles.....
he likes skittles.

love,
aeg

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:24 pm

hey new englanders!

the adam ezra group is playing tomorrow night at tupelo music hall in londonderry nh.

great room. great group. and if you stop at the cracker barrel restaurant before the show, great cheesy hash brown casserole.

:mrgreen:

http://www.tupelohall.com

Patti

Postby Patti » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:34 am

Tupelo's looks like a great place, will have to check it out sometime, but no can do tonight.

I hope to see Adam Ezra when he opens for Ellis at Passim next month!!

( until just the other day I had no idea Tupelo was a tree that honey comes from.. Hence.... Van Morrison's Tupelo Honey!!)

music can be so educational :wink:
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Patti

Postby Patti » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:19 pm

Adam is playing a couple of nights in your neck of the woods Paddy. I'll be seeing him on the 29th!! With just one days notice he filled Passim the other night... I'm thinking you better see him while you can!! :wink:

Adam Ezra with Ari Hest in PA! @ Puck
14 E. Court Street, Doylestown, PA 18901 (United States) - Map (215) 473-0582 Set: 8:00 PM Tickets: $15

Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Adam Ezra acoustic in Philly pa! @ The Tin Angel
20 S Second St, Philadelphia, PA 8:00 PM

Thursday, October 29, 2009 Solo Act Opening for Ellis at Passim

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:40 am

this is from the group's twitter:

"adam plays live on 88.9 wers (listen online at http://wers.org/) at 11:00 am today! call in and heckle him! what tunes should he play?"

"very exciting! a new website! http://www.adamezra.com/"

and the most important one......

cd release show 1/23/10 at the paradise in boston. tickets go on sale tomorrow 10/29. http://www.thedise.com

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:36 pm

i saw aeg last night at tupelo. it was a last minute decision on my part, but an excellent one. of course. :mrgreen:

this was a benefit show for breathe nh an organization dedicated to lung health issues and education.

it was full band minus turtle. i sure missed his shouts of SCANDAL but robin took over on the shaky thing and did a find job.

i still don't know song names, so i don't bother with set lists, but here is a sampling:
katie
half a hero
kill like this
eddie whistles
angel from montgomery
she's just a girl ~ solo, for melissa
burn brightly ~ becoming a live fave of mine. solo acoustic it breaks my heart between the "are you listening" and the tapping on the guitar. full band it is so passionate with adam adding a freestyle verse about what is on his mind at the time.
basement song
scandal

Patti

Postby Patti » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:02 pm

He must have been practicing Angel From Montgomery for the next time I'm at a show :lol:

You are the kind of fan all musicians want!!

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:16 pm

Adam is joining Ellis for a few shows and he blogged about it. I know it is long, but I can't link it and he says some great things about Ellis and even mentions us. :mrgreen:

EDIT: now that it is on his website, here is the link...
Last edited by bonuela on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:00 am

Nice Blog... Thanks Bonnie..

SO Did Ellis take his shoes off?? :wink:

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:57 am

Wow, Bonnie, that is soooo cool! 8) Thanks for finding/posting it! :)

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:13 am

Patti, Ellis did not remove his shoes.

That was probably a safety decision. I stepped on Adam's bare feet. :oops: Ellis might have been protecting his toes. :P

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:00 pm

That's awesome Bonnie! Thanks for posting it! :D
"Nobody can dim the light which shines from within." ~ Maya Angelou

Patti

Re: Adam Ezra Angel from Montgomery!!

Postby Patti » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:29 pm

Very nice version of one of MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SONGS!!

http://www.facebook.com/#/video/video.p ... 950&ref=mf

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:19 pm

AE Fans,

Here's a link to an article about AE in today's Vail Daily News with some Ellis Paul content. 8)

Vail Valley music: Hard living makes for good songs. Singer/songwriter Adam Ezra will perform a free acoustic show at Loaded Joe's in Vail Valley by Caramie Schnell

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:48 pm

the adam ezra group has reworked their "view from the root" cd and they are celebrating with cd release shows in boston and new york.

1/23/10 paradise rock club boston
1/30/10 mercury lounge nyc.

they'll be in pa in between, harrisburg on the 28th and state college 1/29.

i just got a copy of the "pre-release of the re-release" and it is great!
there are a few new songs and remasterd versions of older songs.

dean, scandal is on it!

wanna know how i got it? :P there was a private vip event for industry big-wigs and there were a few spots for fans and wers fm listeners. it was so cool!! :mrgreen: it was in the foundation room at the house of blues. it is a members only club that is gorgeous. the walls are covered in tapestries and there are all these little nooks for privacy and comfy couches for watching the music. anyone who knows me, knows that my favorite place in the world is on a comfy couch in front of musicians. there were people in suits and local music people all schmoozing while i watched. there was even a photographer taking pictures. look for susan and me in the society pages!!

this was very different from my last aeg event. on sunday they hosted a bowling party in somerville and we sent out for burgers. adam was in his big lebowski best, right down to his bowling shoes. yes, shoes! :shock: i think robin was the big winner, but it might have been kevin, the young fan who said he s*#ked right before he started knocking down all the pins. i tried not to pay attention the scores. it was too depressing. :oops:
Last edited by bonuela on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndaleOrbea

Postby AndaleOrbea » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:07 am

Nice Bonnie! Very cool. Can't wait to here the new tracks. What else is new? I don't remember if Ad told us.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:10 pm

dean, wagon wheel is on it as is a live version of she's just a girl, including the intro.

they just announced that profits from the cd release show in boston are going to haitian relief.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:30 am

aeg was on the local fox news this morning. they usually post the musical portion on www.myfoxboston.com.

the anchorman talked to them for a bit. having hosted them before, he knew what to expect. there he was, in his suit and bare feet, talking to adam about the cd realese show/benefit. :mrgreen:

the band played the basement song. self censored of course. replacing the "f" word with "messing". after the break the station played a snippet of the album version. you could hear it clear as day. "searching out new planets after effing up our own". oops!! somebody call the fcc! :P

monicar

Postby monicar » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:21 pm

As Steve Earle sings "F**k the FCC!" HA!

He opened with that at Newport way back when and parents were covering their kids ears!!!! Lucinda Williams came on later and the kids ears needed to be covered once again! It was the year of the F bomb at Newport.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:26 pm

the boys will be on wers at 2pm today. i believe you can stream it live at http://www.wers.org

it is not likely that i will be able to listen here so i wouldn't mind updates if anyone is listening.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:12 am

Bonnie and all,

Here's an interview with AE from yesterday's WERS visit. (Small EP content.)

WERS in studio Performance: Adam Ezra

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:21 pm

thanks karen. i was in my car listening when they were in studio.

here are my pictures from the cd release show.

Patti

Postby Patti » Tue May 11, 2010 9:40 am

Ah... so much more needs to be said about ADAM...truly nothing like seeing a person live to get a better sense of what they are all about.

Some words that come to mind.. amazing, awesome, fascinating, generous, incredible, sincere, surprising, sweet...

Hard to decide if it is better to see him solo or with a group...hmmm that is truly a question that might not have an answer !!

Adam opens for Ellis this weekend at Stone Soup... and then he will be joining Ellis for some songs too !!

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon May 17, 2010 8:58 am

For your listening pleasure

Hallelujah from Stone Soup May 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXqzahihT8I

Burn Brightly From Passim October 2009

http://www.youtube.com/user/pttld#p/a/u/0/N-B4H3M0edE

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon May 17, 2010 11:43 am

thanks for posting patti. i can't wait to get home and watch them!

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon May 24, 2010 9:38 pm

i am asking all of my internet friends for help. the adam ezra group is in the running to be on the next alternate root sampler cd. as an added bonus, there is an interview with ellis!

you can vote HERE once a day.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Tue May 25, 2010 8:26 am

Consider it done!

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed May 26, 2010 11:37 am

Bonnie,

I see that Flynn is also on the ballot. Are you alternating your vote each day? :)

KarenZ

bonuela wrote:i am asking all of my internet friends for help. the adam ezra group is in the running to be on the next alternate root sampler cd. as an added bonus, there is an interview with ellis!

you can vote HERE once a day.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed May 26, 2010 12:29 pm

Folks,

There's quite a few pictures of Adam Ezra here:

Ellis Paul (with Adam Ezra) at The Living Room - May 17, 2010

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed May 26, 2010 9:22 pm

karen,

i did not even notice that the first 2 days i voted. of course now that i know i will be alternating at the alternate root!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:14 am

Attention Adam Ezra fans in the Chicago/mid-west area! Adam will be performing with a full-band at Schubas Tavern and would like your support!

Details for the show:

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 8pm; Doors at 7pm
Schubas Tavern
3159 North Southport Ave
Chicago, IL 60657
All-Ages
Tix: $10 at http://www.schubas.com

KarenZ

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:00 pm

I have to say of all the artist I have been introduced to by way of Ellis Paul that Adam more than anyone that I can think of is like Ellis' lyrically, musically, humorously.... in a good way. If you like Ellis's music ( which you probably do if you are reading this, duh) you will enjoy's Adam's as well. IMO.. :wink: go see him when he comes your way.

Oh I think he is probably as hardworking and generous as Ellis always is too.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:24 pm

Adam and Turtle are playing Passim on Monday. Now I know it is a busy music week for most of us, but it is rare that you get to see just the two of them perform.

John Colvert opens and some of you know him from when he opened for Flynn at Patti's Place.

Monday, July 05, 2010 7:00 PM

Club Passim
47 Palmer Street
Cambridge, MA 02138

Price: $15.00

All ages show

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:41 am

Adam online/radio this afternoon. 4:00 PM

http://events.mit.edu/scripts/event_ext ... roupid=284