Catie Curtis

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

Richard + Jela

Catie Curtis

Postby Richard + Jela » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:40 am

Thought that there was a thread on here for Catie Curtis but I can't see one so I'll start it off.

Went to see her last night in London (The Borderline) and she put on a wonderful show. Playing solo and her first visit to London for seven years (!) she attracted a very good sized crowd, estimated at 120+ in this standing only venue.

A very varied set, playing some very old songs as well as material from her latest CD. She has such a happy personality and really clicks with the audience, even bringing up a guy from the audience, on stage to replicate the sound of a jazz horn on her second song and then later two girls who did the arm motions for another song which called for audience participation.

Towards the final part of her set she took requests and we both shouted for 'People Look Around' the Mark Erelli co-write, had to get his name in there didn't I ???

She also remembered that 7 years ago someone had requested a song which she couldn't remember so she learned it and played it last night - much to her amazement, the girl who had requested it was in the audience, in fact she was standing right by me.....I think that just shows what a great person Catie Curtis is.

Hope that she doesn't leave it another 7 years before she comes back!

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Catie Curtis

Postby KarenZ » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:22 am

And I hope it's not another two years before there's another post here about her! :-)

Catie Curtis is WUMB's Live at Noon guest today - Friday, Feb. 18, 2011!

Richard + Jela wrote:Hope that she doesn't leave it another 7 years before she comes back!
Jela

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “Looking for My Friends”