Robbie Schaefer

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Robbie Schaefer

Postby KarenZ » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:20 am

Folks,

Even though there's an Eddie From Ohio thread in this forum (and Robbie is a member of EFO), this deserves a separate thread since it's about Robbie's latest solo effort - a brand-new release called Strange and Lovely World. One of Santa's helpers brought me a copy of the CD over the weekend, knowing I'd want to have it since Ellis Paul makes a guest appearance! :) Ellis provides back-up vocals on track #6 "Leon Going Down", a song about former professional boxer Leon Spinks. Santa's helper even had it autographed to KarenZ. How cool is that? 8) I've only listened to the songs once or twice and can't say much, except that I like them. As was mentioned in another thread recently, Ellis and Robbie will be doing a show together at the Gravity Lounge in Charlottesville, VA on Jan. 3. They did a wonderful show together at the Barns at Wolftrap last April that I was sprivileged to attend. Catch 'em if you can. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

AndaleOrbea

Re: Robbie Schaefer

Postby AndaleOrbea » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:45 am

Don't forget that Robbie does an XM Radio program, certainly on Monday nights, perhaps more often, called "Robbie Schaefer Stuck In A Really Tall Tree" on the kids station (XM 116, if I recall correctly). The same show that Ellis performed on last Monday. And Robbie and Michael Clem are both in Eddie from Ohio. Robbie's said he was starting a jam session show on the kids station starting this past weekend, and Ellis is supposed to be on in February or March.

I'm going to find a copy of Robbie's cd. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Thanks KarenZ!!!!
Dean

Return to “Looking for My Friends”