Chris O' Brien

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

Chris O' Brien

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:00 am

Ellis Paul plays Tin Angel on Oct. 25th and when I saw Boston area artist Chris O' Brien on the bill I knew I had to make a quick trip to Chris' website to discover a little more about him. Just here to say I am liking what I hear so far. 8)

He's playing shows near quite a few of us in the near future most notably Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Rhode Island, Ashland and Vienna, VA. Not to mention all the shows in and around Boston.

If you know about Chris O' Brien or get out to see him in concert I hope you'll share some insight here.

http://www.chrisobrienmusic.com/
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

monicar

Re: Chris O' Brien

Postby monicar » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:03 am

Hi Paddy,

I saw Chris open for Antje a few years ago at Club Passim and I really liked what I heard. I LOVE his latest CD "Lighthouse." Rosa is one of my favorites!

He was voted WUMB's artist of 2008. He played the Boston Folk Festival this year, but unfortunately I was unable to attend.

Definitely see him if he's out your way!

Monica R.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:07 am

MonicaR

Thanks! I am definitely in for the show at Tin Angel on the 25th..... :)

I'm loving 'Rosa' too after repeated plays today. Sounds strangely familiar ala Josh Ritter!

I read that Antje Duvekot sings on his record..... :D

And that Dar Williams taught him his first guitar chords when he was 14...... 8)
paddy

monicar

Postby monicar » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:51 am

If I remember correctly, he and Antje are friends.

I do remember him mentioning that he got to "touch" Antje's Boston Music Award, which was very funny.

Wish I could remember the tunes they sang together at that show, but it was too long ago for my adled brain!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:16 pm

Chris O' Brien live on youtube with Austin Nevins

Rosa
paddy

chrisob

Re: Chris O'Brien

Postby chrisob » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Hey folks,

This is Chris O'Brien and I'm writing because I just released my second studio record! I've met some of you in the past year at Ellis shows, that I've opened, and I hope to meet many more of you soon. You've been so kind to me. Ellis has been a HUGE help to me this past year and a wonderful friend. With his permission, I'm posting this to let you know about the record. If you'd like to hear a few tracks, I have a couple on my Myspace page http://www.myspace.com/chrisobrien. It's also available to buy at http://www.cdfreedom.com/artists/chriso ... /littlered

Thanks so much for reading this and I'll see ya out there!

Return to “Looking for My Friends”