Matt Hires

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

Matt Hires

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:28 am

How in the world did I stumble upon this fine young talent? Shucks, wish I could say. Sad thing is, it was only yesterday. That's bad, right? Oh, yes, it's coming back to me now. That show on Comcast cable that Ellis was on a time or two, Backstage. Yep, that's it. Ellis played a couple songs from Dragonfly Races and talked about the record with host Barry Nolan. Yup, that was it.

So, I was flipping channels and landed for a second on "backstage" to see this guy playing the first of two songs he would be performing on the show. Gotta give him a listen I think to myself, ya just never know. So I do, naturally. Okay, nice enough sound emanating from the tv.......I'll stick around. Hmmn. Not bad, i think to myself. Next song, same reaction. I think I recognize the voice. That's odd. Listening to his tunes for the very first time and yet, somehow pleasingly familiar. Who does he sound like, I wonder? I rack my musical brain a minute....okay....maybe half that time and it hits me.

You know that Superman song that was a hit for a band called Five for Fighting a few years back? The lead singer that looks a bit like John Gorka? Oh, what was his name? John Andrasik, I think it is. That's who this fella sounds a bit like. Yup......and just a trace of early Neil Young.

Matt Hires is a young upstart from Tampa, Fla. with the voice, looks, and promise of artist to watch out for in the future. Something tells me you might be hearing more and more of him in the years to come. He might just be this generation's next big thing. You heard it here first. :wink:

Matt Hires on myspace

Update:

For a closer look you can view the Backstage program dated 10/7 on demand on comcast cable until 10/12.

Matt Hires is interviewed by Bessie Tsionis with word that his first full length record will come out in March, then performs 2 songs off his debut ep "Live from the Hotel Cafe" featuring "Honey Let Me Sing You a Song" and "You Are the One".

On demand|Get Local|CN8|Backstage|Dated 10-7|36 minutes in|enjoy| 8)
Last edited by paddyinthepub on Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

paddyinthepub

Re: Matt Hires

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:02 pm

paddy

paddyinthepub

Re: Matt Hires

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:12 pm

Bruce blogs on the WXPN in Philadelphia website about Matt Hires.

WXPN blogger on Matt Hires

I'm an instant fan of this young artist from Tampa Fla. and have a chance to see him live as early as Thanksgiving week in Cleveland Ohio (11/28) and the following night in Pittsburgh (11/29). He's on a tour with Eric Hutchinson (who I've seen before and enjoy) and Meaghan Smith.

Matt Hires has been signed to Atlantic Records and is one of Paolo Nutini's Top 8 myspace friends...... 8)

Not bad for a 22 year old kid from Tampa, Fla. who was discovered on myspace.
paddy

Return to “Looking for My Friends”