Kim Richey

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Kim Richey

Postby KarenZ » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:37 am

Wow.....another oversight. No Kim Richey thread. :oops:

Kim Richey is in my Top Five female singer-songwriters. I found her music around the same time I found EP's music. For some reason yesterday I had a hankering to hear an old Kim song.....and it got me remembering.....

....After EP show #2 in Titusville, NJ in November 1997, Ellis and I somehow got to talking about Kim Richey. I think I asked Ellis if he had heard of her.....or it's possible he may have asked me who else I was listening to (since that's a question he sometimes asks). At any rate, not only did he know who Kim was, but he quoted back to me my favorite Kim Richey line of lyric which is:

"It's just me and one good wiper blade up against the rain".

I remember being freaked out that EP knew that lyric! :shock:

Anyway....yesterday I really wanted to hear the song containing that lyric ("Those words we said") from Kim's self-titled CD. As luck would have it, the CD was in my car and I've been listening to it (and in particular that song) over and over since yesterday morning. I forgot how much I love Kim's early stuff. IllinoisBIll and I have this theory that the first CD we own of any artist is always our favorite. That seems to be true. (Which means that "Stories" must be my favorite EP CD.) ;)

You guys are in luck. I found a video of Kim performing the actual CD version of the song on YouTube. I love how the song starts out real soft and sweet....then really rocks. Pay attention to the first verse - it contains my favorite line! :)

Kim Richey - Those Words We Said

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Re: Kim Richey

Postby Patti » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:27 am

Listening and liking :P ..thanks Karen..
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

paddyinthepub

Re: Kim Richey

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:00 pm

I wish now I could remember which artist appeared first on my radar.....Kim Richey or Bill Deasy.

I want to say I checked out Kim Richey after I learned that she had cowritten "So it Goes" with him.

All I knew was that when I first heard her record Glimmer I was a goner.

Got to see her live at an outdoor thing at the Andy Warhol Museum put on by WYEP 91.3 fm in Pittsburgh.

"Where the Music Matters" is the station's mantra...... 8)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Looking for My Friends”