Amos Lee

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

Amos Lee

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:41 am

The "blue eyed" soul of Amos Lee shines on his latest release "last days at the lodge." Not sure why I was hesitant to pick this one up as I've enjoyed Amos Lee before on record and stage. What I found out after one spin was that this one's a winner. Recently learned that the album is chalk full of big name players and was not was frontman Don Was produced it. 8)

Annie....not sure if you're a fan......but Amos just played Atlanta Aug.5th at the Variety Playhouse. And IllinoisBill, if you're a fan, he's set to play Park West in Chicago on Aug. 11 with Dayna Kurtz opening.

http://www.myspace.com/amoslee
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Richard + Jela

Re: Amos Lee

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:44 pm

I'd go along just to see Dayna Kurtz - I saw her earlier this year at the Blue Highways festival and she was one of the many highlights. I could listen to her again and again - after seeing her, got her CD 'Another Black Feather' which I think is excellent especially the song 'Venezuela'

Fantastic voice and so much emotion in her singing - sends chills down me.

Catch her if you can.

Jela

paddyinthepub

Re: Amos Lee

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:06 am

Color me a fan of Amos Lee and Amos Lee a fan of Ellis Paul.

"The album is sparked by the shimmering organic beauty of “Windows are Rolled Down,” in which Lee sounds slightly reminiscent of Ellis Paul, while totally embracing the song’s escapist theme."

Amos Lee delivers soulful and superb new album
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Looking for My Friends”