Stuart Ferguson

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Stuart Ferguson

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:35 am

Folks,

I've been meaning to post something about Stuart Ferguson for months. Stuart is a long-time friend of Ellis Paul's from the Boston area. You will find Stuart's name in the Carnival of Voices credits and if his name seems familiar it may be because one or two of his photos were Fan Photos of the Week. :)

Anyway, Stuart has quite a few gigs coming up in the Boston area - including Passim on Aug. 8 - so check out his music and schedule at the link below. I know you'll enjoy it. If you go to a show please post a report! :)

http://www.myspace.com/stuartgferguson

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

sgf64

Re: Stuart Ferguson

Postby sgf64 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:54 pm

Thanks for the props Karen! I do indeed have a number of shows coming up including one this evening (Tuesday, July 22) at Tommy Doyle's in Harvard Sq. (that is the old House of Blues to some of you). The show is free and I'm on at 9:30 pm playing a 45 minute set. If you do come by tonight (or to any show), please be sure to introduce yourself.

In the spirit of full disclosure, the Club Passim show on August 8 is a benefit show starring Jon Svetkey's band The Loomers and I am one of the special guests who will be joining them to deliver renditions of fabulous (and not so fabulous) song from the 1980's. I won't disclose which wonderful hit of the '80s I'll be doing, but suffice to say that it is one of the most well known songs from that decade.

Stuart

http://www.stuartferguson.net

http://www.myspace.com/stuartgferguson
"Stuart Ferguson writes songs that capture your imagination, and sings them in a voice that is addictive to the ears" - Ellis Paul

2009 Boston Folk Festival Songwriting Contest finalist for "God's Plan" Have a listen at:

http://www.reverbnation.com/stuartgferguson

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:26 am

Friends in the Boston area,

A heads-up that Stuart will be at the Main Streets Market & Cafe in Concord this Thursday night (Aug. 14, 2008). :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:18 am

Stuart just added a really sweet live version of his song "Romance" on his MySpace. :)

Stuart Ferguson on MySpace

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:22 am

Folks,

Stuart on WBRS Live Acoustic Coffeehouse TODAY at 11:30 AM EST! :)

KarenZ

Patti

Postby Patti » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:21 am

Wasn't able to listen to this, but I have been hearing Stuart's name come up a few times lately. I plan on seeing him at Perks in Norwood Ma later this fall :D
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:53 am

Folks,

Stuart will be on the WGMU's Independents Underground radio show this Monday night, Nov. 3, 2008 at 8pm EST. You can listen live at the link below:

WGMU

KarenZ

Patti

Postby Patti » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:24 pm

I was able to stop in and listen to Stuart for awhile the other night. I'm glad I did!! Nice sound and he had a percussionist (Phil Punch) with him too.. I love that sound,(think of what Chris Williams adds to a performance!) It always amazes me that it sounds like more than just one more instrument...

I mentioned to Stuart that I knew about him from his connection to Ellis, he played Autobiography of a Pistol a song or two later :lol: I got his new cd and am enjoying that too.
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Folks,

Stuart invites you to listen to his music at Reverbnation. If you like what you hear, simply shoot him an e-mail at stuart@stuartferguson.net saying KarenZ invited you to listen and he'll mail you a CD!

An offer too good to pass up! :)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:20 pm

He had me at the first song on the reverb nation player!! 8)

The River and the Course was all it took!

Mighty fine accolades in his bio too and when Ellis is saying 'dig this' ya just know there's some new and good music in your future..... 8)

Thanks Karen!
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:31 pm

Went to log out and came across the reverb nation player with Stuart's songs. I'd heard The River and The Course already and had choices of shut it down get on with my day or select the other song and press play.

What do you think I did?

Half Mile Down is a lovely lilting ode to miners who work half mile down and reminded ever so much of the sweet old sound of a troubador lost too soon so long ago.

Steve Goodman came washing over me as I listened....

Nice song, Stuart, nice sound.

You'll be hearing from me via email very soon! Thanks
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:14 pm

Folks,

Good news! Stuart is one of 5 finalists in the Boston Folk Festival Songwriting Contest! The finalists will be performing their songs for an audience at Lipke Auditorium in the Science Building at UMass Boston on Saturday evening, September 12, 2009, beginning at 6:00 pm.

BFF Songwriting Finalists - 2009

I hope some of you will be there! :)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:02 am

How did I miss this?
So much music and so little time?
Yup!

Congratulations Stuart!!!
Go Get 'em.....

Heard Stuart's CD last month and he should win it all!
Fingers crossed here!

Hope you guys can get over to the songwriting contest on Saturday Sept.12 at the Boston Folk Festival and show Stuart some love.

Fingers crossed here! :wink:

I see Jeff Black is one of the judges....wow...small world!
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:27 pm

Folks,

Special opportunity for those of you in the Boston area!

Tickets for Saturday's Boston Folk Festival Songwriting Contest are available for $5.00 if you call 617-287-6900 and tell them that you are a friend of a performer (that would be Stuart). The show is at 6PM on Saturday night at UMASS-Boston. The show includes full set performances by Jeff Black and Cindy Bullens who are judging the songwriting contest.

Good Luck to Stuart! :)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:45 am

Folks,

Pre-sale orders for Stuart's new CD, Love Songs (and other tall tales), are being taken at the link below:

Stuart Ferguson on CDFreedom

People who order the physical CD during pre-sale will get a digital download of the album from Nimbit. Good deal!

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:09 am

Stuart will be celebrating the release of his new CD in Lancaster, MA on Dec. 11, 2010. Please try to attend if you can. More information/tickets at the link below.

Wachusett Music Series

KarenZ

Return to “Looking for My Friends”