Jakob Dylan

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

annieb

Jakob Dylan

Postby annieb » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:40 pm

Today his first solo work "Seeing Things" was released. A few weeks ago he released a teaser EP with three songs which I immediately downloaded. One of the songs 'Something Good This Way Comes' has been getting alot of airplay here in Atlanta, maybe you've heard it?

I was excited about this release having been a Wallflowers fan. I love the sound of Jakob's voice....it's got this sexy sort sleepy sound....very swoonworthy! ;) I'm listening to the cd as I type, having already fallen in love with the three song teaser, getting ready for Jakobs show here in Atlanta next week. I love the sound! Very folksy! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.....in a really good way! :)

I somehow missed having ever seen the Wallflowers in concert, and I don't know if they still exist or not? So, I am really excited to see Jakob next week.

Any other Jakob fans here?

Annie

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:55 am

Annie

All over The Wallflowers when we heard Adam Duritz on bgvox (Tenth Avenue Heartache)

I enjoyed many of the other songs, too, but back then it was all about AD

I may have dismissed him a few times for whatever reasons.

Will keep the new release in mind and peruse first chance.

8)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:10 am

Saw that Jakob Dylan was to be on Dave Letterman last night. I wasn't able to tune in but I am hoping to stay awake to see David Cook on Jay Leno tonight. I am setting up the tivo just in case :lol: !
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Return to “Looking for My Friends”