Pat Wictor

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

Pat Wictor

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:30 pm

Rec'd this email invite to an upcoming house concert with Pat Wictor...... :)

Here's the invite...and btw...saw Jeff Black at Lois and Greg's place. 8)

We are thrilled to be able to host Pat Wictor on Sunday, May 18th. As always, potluck will be at 1:30. Jim Colbert will open for Pat at 2:30 and Pat will start his show around 2:30. We look forward to seeing you!

In a remarkably short period of time, Pat Wictor has become the name that is being chatted about on the acoustic, blues, folk, and Americana circuits. Steeped in American "roots" music, Pat is a contemporary songwriter and interpreter drawing on the rural country, gospel, and blues traditions of our nation. His performances - part fireside chat, part meditation on matters earthly and transcendent - feature his originals. With flowing red hair and Zen-like calm, Pat embraces his audience with the sincerity of his music and the clarity of his voice, inviting them in. Pat views his life and his music as a journey, populated with an ever-shifting landscape of people, places and emotions. It is a jo urney he is eager to share with others, knowing that it is the experiences along the way, not the arrival, that initiate the most profound changes. Join Pat in a comfortable afternoon of fresh acoustic music.

Visit Pat’s website to hear some of his music:

www.PatWictor.com
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

loisandgreg

Postby loisandgreg » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:05 pm

Wow! Thanks Pat

All you Pat Wictor friends are welcome to join us, e-mail me with any questions
loisandgreg@comcast.net

We're in Warren County, New Jersey
Lois and Greg's House Concerts

Please visit our My Space page:

http://www.myspace.com/njhouseconcerts1

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:42 pm

loisandgreg........Welcome Aboard!!! :D

Pat Wictor's name has surfaced here on the forum more and more recently and the word is that he's really someone worth knowing and hearing and I can't think of a better place for folks to do just that than your warm and inviting living room. I had such a great time there seeing Jeff Black play in your home on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon and left knowing that you sure know how to present good music in a relaxed setting.

Thanks again for my first exposure to loisandgreg house concerts and hope to make it out there again some time soon. Wishing you many full houses on those lazy Sunday afternoons when artist and audience get to sit a spell and share musical memories in the making. 8)

All the best.....you're most welcome. :)

Pat
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

loisandgreg

Postby loisandgreg » Thu May 08, 2008 2:02 pm

Bookings are disappointingly slow :cry:

I hope we have a group of last minute bookings!

We look forward to seeing you again, we're thinking of asking Jeff Black to do a return visit in 2009. What a nice guy!!

Thanks Pat!
Lois and Greg's House Concerts

Please visit our My Space page:

http://www.myspace.com/njhouseconcerts1

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri May 09, 2008 1:17 pm

Folks,

If you're anywhere in the area of Lois and Greg, I highly recommend Pat Wictor. I've seen him several times now - a couple times opening for EP - and know you will enjoy his songwriting and stories. The first time I saw him, he blew me away with a cover of Dave Carter's "Gentle arms of eden". Driving north from Ft. Worth last March, BeckyG and I played Pat's CD over and over again... :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “Looking for My Friends”