Jann Arden

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

Jann Arden

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:07 pm

Her fine album Living Under June in the mid 90's was our intro to this amazing Canadian songstress with her great voice and songs.

I'm a fan...and KarenZ has Jann Arden listed in her top 5.

Anyone else count themselves fans?

Karen, have you ever seen her live? I've yet too...but there's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S1TO168C6U

I had no idea Jann Arden was so much fun onstage, too. :shock:

"ahhh...sisters, doin it for themselves"

:D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:11 pm

Paddy,

Yes, Jann Arden is one of my top 5 female singer-songwriters. She doesn't tour much in the states, and even less in my area.....so I was beyond ecstatic when I found out she would be in Pittsburgh on Feb. 16 and made plans to go. Sadly, two days before the scheduled show, her whole US tour was cancelled due to illness. So I have still not ever seen her live. :(

Stranger then fiction is the fact that the day I flew into Munich for Ellis' show in Wasserburg, Germany, Jann was playing THAT NIGHT in Munich. That's as close as I've ever gotten to her. ;)

Her Live with the Vancouver Symphony includes a couple of unique Jann stories that are side-splitting funny. And I cannot listen to "Good Mother" without bawling. She's awesome.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:12 am

I've always pictured Jann as a guitar strummin artist and maybe she was at one time and now takin it up a notch adding her obvious comedic stylings to the mix. I'd love to see a concert someday, too. I'd settle for a concert DVD if one exists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Under_June

:D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Looking for My Friends”