Howard Jones

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

bonuela

Howard Jones

Postby bonuela » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:23 pm

I don't know where to put this so......

SusanH and I went to see "Hojo" at The Tupelo Music Hall on Sunday. He is a British artist who was popular in the '80's. He even played Live Aid.

Anyway, my point is.........after an amazing interlude on the keyboard, I turned to Susan and said, "I think he's using the black keys" at the same time she turned to me and said, "That's not in the key of white".

Even '80's synth pop evokes Ellis. :mrgreen:

www.howardjones.com
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:32 pm

Back in the day...HJ hung the musical moon for me. Saw him live a few times and was into the man's music so much I saw him back to back nights in Houston and Austin, tx......could not get enough!!!

Fast forward a lifetime later and a whole new set of musical heroes later.

I learn that he and Bill Deasy have a musical connection of sorts. Can't quite recall it now...maybe HJ recorded one of his songs.

Anyway, it amazes me how artists like Howard Jones once sat atop the popular music scene and now, to me anyway, resides in the category of "where are they now?"

I think it would be cool to see him again!!!

thanks for starting this thread, Bonnie. For my money, after seeing Ellis at Puck Live playing a few songs in the key of "white" -- they were so moving that when the song ended i felt compelled to suggest to Ellis:

"paint 'em all white" :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Looking for My Friends”