Fan Photo of the Week - July 17, 2006

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:11 am

Hi folks,

Here's a link to this week's Fan Photo of the Week:

KarenZ
Last edited by KarenZ on Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:59 am

I'm intrigued to know why playing cards are thrown at the band and which song it is that prompts this???

Bonnie - well done on winning the competition this week and perhaps you can enlighten me??

Jela

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:32 am

Bonnie, what a great photo, your timing is amazing, because I can't believe that card hung out there overly long. Well done.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:04 pm

Thank you!

We don't throw them at the band, but up in the air. I don't know why I wrote it that way. :oops:

The Alarm has 2 songs with card lyrics. They have pretty much retired the one that has "..to be dealt the cards to play our hand to win or else to lose..." (Deeside) But they always do the song with "...all cards are marked and all fates will collide..." (Where Were You Hiding When The Storm Broke).

I have seen them play around 40 times and I have NEVER seen a card land like that.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:26 pm

Which makes your photo even more amazing.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:06 pm

Bonnie,

I can easily edit the photo's caption, so don't be embarrassed. ;) Sorry I didn't e-mail you in advance to let you know your photo would be this week's pick, but as you know I've been on the road and finding a computer to use was a challenge. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:53 am

Karen, thanks for the edit!! :mrgreen:
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”