Ellis on Comcast's CN8 - Nov. 15,16,19, 2007

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Ellis on Comcast's CN8 - Nov. 15,16,19, 2007

Postby KarenZ » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:22 am

Folks,

For those of you who get "Backstage with Barry Nolan" on Comcast cable's CN8 (I think it's in the Philly, New Jersey area), Ellis will appear with Barry on:

Thursday, Nov. 15 - 8pm EST
Friday, Nov. 16 - 8am & 8pm EST
Monday, Nov. 19 - 8am

KarenZ
Last edited by KarenZ on Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:44 pm

I know I get it in South Eastern Ma... and the shows are available On Demand for a few days after they air.
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:41 pm

Thanks for the heads up, karen.....i was hoping to have a chance to see this one....

thanks patti for the reminder that it might be there on demand as well... :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:55 pm

I FOUND IT.... :D

it is indeed on demand.....on comcast.

go to: get local
go to: CN8 Originals
go to: Backstage
go to: Backstage 11/15

it starts out with a bunch of other celeb stuff....

fast forward to: 35min. into the show.

it's Ellis being intro'd by Barry...Ellis sings..then sits down with Barry.

The cover of The Dragonfly Races is in the background....so this must be a repeat visit with Barry, right? Brand spankin new, even?

I'm a go watch it now..... :wink:
Last edited by paddyinthepub on Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:19 am

I wouldn't triple post or anything like that now, would I?

Wow!!! Ellis is looking and sounding as good as ever....this was kind of short and sweet....time enough for 2 songs from the new record, and let me say these sound absolutely amazing live!!!

Nice interview where upon Ellis and Barry chatted about a number of things from Ellis growing up in potato country to Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger and the reason for the new record.

It was apparent to me how truly great it is that Ellis has created a new batch of songs for kids, sure, but as Ellis and host Barry Nolan pointed out so well, ones that parents can listen to over and over and over and enjoy as well!!!

I'll leave the setlist to surprise....but believe me when I tell you:

Ellis Paul's new songs for children will appeal to their folks as well.

Well done, Ellis....well done.

Bonus...Ellis closes out the show with the first verse of another new one. :D
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:06 am

I did catch On Demand... but I didn't listen to the end.... luckily you can fast forward to the end!!
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:43 am

Gosh, when you guys said it was on On Demand, I got my hopes up. But sadly, my Comcast On Demand doesn't have CN8. :(

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:26 am

I have seen the backstage segment on tivo at least 3 times, maybe more. That did not take away from the sheer joy and surprise of turning on the tv this morning and seeing our hero sitting down chatting with Barry Nolan. :D I'd forgottten there would be addidtional airings, so it was by sheer chance that the tv was tuned to CN8 and that I'd turn it on at the very time that Ellis was on.....what a nice coincidence. 8)
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:14 pm

Patti wrote:While looking at the website for the Iron Horse I clicked on the link to Ellis Paul, and viola up pops his interview/performance from Barry Nolan on CN8. Come to find out it is on THIS website under video, Who Knew!!

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”