EP lapel pins - redux

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

EP lapel pins - redux

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:11 am

Folks,

Since someone asked about the EP lapel pins in another thread, let me announce again that a limited quantity of EP lapel pins are avaailble for $5 each. They are 1" tall done on silver metal. To place an order, please PM me and I'll provide a snail mail address where you can send your order. Once again, you can see the proof of what they look like here:

EP lapel pin proof

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:13 pm

I know these are small but hopefully there are at least two left with my name on them. :wink:

I take it there will be one or two in Ogunquit on the 5th. :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:31 pm

I'm bringing 'em. ;)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:52 pm

If you post/lurk here, you need one. All the cool musicians wear them. Pictures of both Ellis and Flynn wearing theirs coming soon!! :P
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:18 pm

I wore mine for the first time at Bull Run but did not see anyone else wearing one :cry:
-Katie

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:52 pm

Here is Ellis modeling the ever fashionable discussion board lapel pin.

:D

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:35 pm

Why, that would be ME :!: Proof positive that I did, indeed, earn my two bumpah stickahs...
:mrgreen:
Oh, and the new protocol for the EP pins: we wear them over our hearts (though our darling Bonuela has a floating one, so we let her get away with a slight deviation...).

Thanks for the pic, Bonnie! (And pssst! She got Flynn to wear one, too! Just wait until you see that picture!!!)
:lol:
~Lauren

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:19 pm

Hey you two - Bon and Lauren - major coup :!:

Here's a bit of Jonathan's trivia for all who dine there( great food ) and all those upstairs for concerts:

The framed and autographed photos of Artists who had played Jonathan's ( on the shelf behind Ellis and Lauren ) had until that night been missing one very important transcription......Ellis'. Seems his press photo was indeed up there and framed, just not signed. Ellis asked for it so he could sign it. At first, someone suggested it might be difficult since it was already framed behind glass.

The artist in Ellis knew better and asked for the frame. Within minutes it was apart, autographed, back together, and back in it's original spot.

I don't know why I notice such things, but I commented that Ellis' Photo was the only one not signed, and WALLAH :!:

Now when you visit Jonathan's, you'll know the rest of the story....... :wink:
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:41 am

Lapel pin update. I have 23 left. If you have been planning to order but haven't, better do it soon. :)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:14 am

Karen and Lauren, Howdy :!: and a few talking points on EPLPs:

Amazing how well the Bugg Photo Pin stands out on Lauren in the photo with Ellis at Jonathan's in Ogunquit, Maine. I'm thinkin Gigantic Poster. :wink:

Karen, my wife was wondering how many EPLP Pins were made and if the demand was high enough, would more be ordered and available?

She mistakenly thought they were only for the Board of Devotees only and I assured her they were not. "What if 8,000 people who read and don't necessarily post wanted to order the pins, what then?", she asked.

I reveled in the thought that so many folks could be walking around with this most amazing of photos of Ellis on a Lapel Pin. So I will ask here if once gone - those 23 that are left - will more be ordered?

Fans everywhere will likely want to know. It is truly one very cool pin. I bought 4 of them on Saturday and planned to Keep 3 of them for my family and give my 4th one to Antje Duvekot when we see her play Tin Angel later this week. I wonder now if she already has one.......If not, it will be my honor to present her with one.
paddy

SusanH

Postby SusanH » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:35 pm

Hi Everyone-

I finally stopped lurking and I'm officially posting for the first time. :D

It was great seeing everyone in Ogunquit the other night. What a fantastic show!
Susan

dexsta

Postby dexsta » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:41 pm

There's gotta be a way i can get hold of a lapel pin for myself. :D

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:09 pm

SusanH wrote:Hi Everyone-

I finally stopped lurking and I'm officially posting for the first time. :D

It was great seeing everyone in Ogunquit the other night. What a fantastic show!

Welcome Susan!!!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:24 pm

Welcome Susan! It was great having you sporting an EP lapel pin Saturday night!

Lauren, the picture of you and EP wearing your pins is fabulous! :D

Paddy, I don't know if I'll order more lapel pins or not. I ordered 100 initially and paid for them myself - $292. I gave Melissa Bugg the proceeds from the sale of the first 50 ($250), and when the second 50 are sold, I will have almost recouped my total investment. It's not about making money for me - it's always been about supporting EP in whatever ways I can. Having said that, I might be persuaded to place another order. We'll see.

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:27 pm

Karen, that is a mighty nice thing you did for Ellis and the rest of us and I think we all know it's always gonna be about spreading the word with you and little else.

If I can be of help in deferring costs to be recouped later for the next batch of EPLPs let me know, happy to help in any way. Or as trustworthy a person as you are, and we can All vouch for you there, perhaps an honor system pre - order system whereby we order so many once all monies and #'s are calculated.

What think ye?
paddy

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:19 pm

Susan! Welcome to the board! You always make me laugh, girl - so glad to see you in type, as well as face-to-face. I hope to see you and the Boston crew soon.

Paddy - while you are going to gift Antje with a pin, I gifted EP with one of mine! I had been planning on gifting Ralph with another one on Monday, but I completely forgot... :oops:

~Lauren

wendy

Postby wendy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:56 am

I'd be willing to help with some of the up-front costs of a pin re-order, if needed. I think they're great and bet there are going to be more and more people who will want them! KarenZ definitely has good taste :D
-wendy

dexsta

Postby dexsta » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:34 pm

has anyone got a closeup picture of what the lapel pins look like??

cheers
adrian

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:56 pm

Here is a pretty good likeness of it up close. They are very subtle and elegant. If you scroll up you can see how they look on a person. Ellis and Lauren specifically! :D

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:48 pm

Folks,

Have EP Lapel Pins; Will Travel!

That's my new motto. :D

I sold 8 lapel pins at Shubas this past Sunday night and have a total of 11 left! If you haven't gotten yours yet, better act soon.....

Re-reading this thread put a smile on my face. I sure wish Lauren's computer problems get resolved! :)

KarenZ

shari

Postby shari » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:53 pm

Karen,

I don't have one! Save me one pleeeeease!!!

Do I send you a check? Can we make an exchange in December?

:-)

Shari

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:54 am

Shari,

I will put one aside for you and bring it when/if I see you in December. Let me know if you'd like it sooner. :)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:45 pm

Folks,

The last five lapel pins in my possession are all spoken for. I may do a re-order if there seems to be enough interest.

Thanks for your support. :)

KarenZ

stacyx

Postby stacyx » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:58 pm

I know this is ages after the original post and the last reply, but are there still pins available? If not, what are the chances of a reorder?
May the road rise up to greet you, the wind always be at your back and may you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil realizes you're dead.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:22 am

Stacy,

Actually the last reply was just a couple days ago - I guess you missed it. They're all gone for now...but I may do a re-order. If so, I'll post here to let everyone know. Thanks for your interest. :)

KarenZ

dexsta

Postby dexsta » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:26 am

Karen,
Hi there stranger. LOL.
I finally have myself an EP lapel pin, with many thanks to Sue Ellen. I'll be making sure that I wear it when i head to the states to an EP concert

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”