Old article: Mountain Xpress (Asheville, NC) - Oct. 29, 2003

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Old article: Mountain Xpress (Asheville, NC) - Oct. 29, 2003

Postby KarenZ » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:08 pm

Folks,

I was hunting for a recent Boston Blobe article containing a quote about Mr. Paul and found this instead. It's a terrific article written during the EP-VG Side of the Road tour....and begins with "Don't ever think you can out-funny Vance Gilbert." :)

It takes two: Folk pals eagerly dash expectations with joint album by Frank Rabey

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:47 pm

What a great article. Thanks for finding it Karen.

I think this is my favorite passage.

"He brings out the babes," quips Vance. "I bring out the thoughtful women – God, did I just say that? They look at Ellis and say, 'Isn't he just dreamy? And, oh, Vance, he's so funny!'
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:38 pm

:lol:

Yes, a realy amusing artcle - finally a very special kind of interview. :wink:

It just took me 3 years back when I was traveling New England and whatching 5 shows of Ellis and Vance (Middle Earth Hall among them :) ). Every night there where dozens of new jokes and quips. The one that still crosses my mind when I think of the two guys sharing the stage is Vance's Speed of trees - Rap, he every night sung in another actual version - most of the time mentioning the Red Sox vs. Yankee Finals...

What a funny way to cease the day....

:D

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”