Welcome to the new board! (June 20, 2006)

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Welcome to the new board! (June 20, 2006)

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:54 pm

Hi folks,
The software on this new board contains the functionality that we're used to plus other features that should be easy enough to become familiar with. I managed to get the forums set up, but please understand that I am still learning this new software and for a while we're going to be learning it together. I also posted the links to the pictures from the European tour. So sad that we lost so much good information....

KarenZ
Last edited by KarenZ on Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:13 pm

Karen: you are a technological diva. Faster, better, stronger...

Sue Ellen

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:50 pm

Karen,

I can't believe the speed with which you facilitated this. I know the new board was in the works, but come on. It wasn't even down 6 hours! :mrgreen:

Lazy smilies!! Yay!!!
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:21 pm

Bonnie,

A new board was NOT in the works! (At least I don't think it was.) I'm even more amazed than you that Slab and I got this accomplished that quickly! :o

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:30 pm

I thought I'd read that something involving these colors was coming soon. I'd go back and look, but some moron messed up our happy home. :x

Either way you and Slab rawk! 8)

Yetta

Postby Yetta » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:37 pm

Karen - You're the best!!!!! Thanks for getting the board back. Long live the Ellis Paul community! :P Even I can do faces now! Yay!

Yetta
Thank the Lord for the friends he cast
in the play he wrote for you - Ellis Paul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Bonnie, yes, the colors were going to transition to the new web site colors, but that's not the same as completley changing the board software. You eagle-eye you. :wink:

KarenZ

PotatoPicker

Way to go Zelda !

Postby PotatoPicker » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:12 pm

Many thanks to Karen and Jim for the quick work. I think we will end up liking php quite a bit.... :)
Jeff

wendy

Postby wendy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:21 pm

This looks and works great! Thanks you guys!
-wendy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:27 am

Hear, hear .....new colours look great - thanks Karen and Jim for all your hard work in getting us up and running again so quickly.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:28 am

Folks,

It's been quite a while since there's been any activity in this thread, but I thought I'd pop in here now since I'm excited! I'm happy to report that we have our first member of the board who hails from Holland!

Welcome Erwin! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:04 pm

Welcome Back Ellis Paul :!: 8) :D :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:05 pm

Look at us. In just a little over 6 months we have hit our 5000th post!!

:) :D :mrgreen: :D :)

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:14 am

Folks,

I had to commemorate the 1-year anniversary of our "new" board! Thanks to all of you who have made Ellis' prediction come true when he said we would come back "stronger, faster, better". I don't have experience with many other discussion boards, but I think this online community is one of the best. I could not do it alone.....although at home I do talk to myself a good bit. ;)

Stay tuned for a special surprise or two thank you.... :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:19 am

Time sure does fly when you're having fun! :lol:
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:02 am

We're just slightly under averaging 17 posts a day - which is pretty amazing. If we could just coax Lauren out of lurkdom I'm sure we could increase that average.... :)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Happy 2nd Birthday to the board!

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:22 am

"Politician and a stewardess
Underneath the monuments and the moon
He talked of national security
She talked of Paris in June"
- Ellis Paul

Folks,

The "new" board is 2 years old today! (Not that June 20, 2006 is a day that will live in infamy in my memory or anything.) ;)

In the northern hemisphere today is also the June Solstice, also known as the first day of summer! Yay! :)

Can anyone name the Ellis Paul song contaning the lines of lyric above? I'll send a CD of Ellis Paul Live at WoodyFest 2007 containing a wonderful version of "Summertime" to the first person who replies with the answer. :)

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:41 am

Washington DC 5/91!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I win, huh, huh, did I?????

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:44 am

Yay Monicar!!

We are getting oh so close to 10,000 posts!!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:49 am

Monicar,

YES! You are today's winner! :) Send me a PM with your snail mail address and I'll pop the CD in the mail to you.

10,000 posts :!: :shock: Wonderful! :D

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:53 am

Wooohooooo!

I just love today. It's the first day of summer, my favorite season.

It's my kids last day of school, which makes me very happy.

I'm moving into my dad's cottage for the summer, 2 streets over from the ocean, my most favorite place in the world.

And, I won an Ellis CD from the Woody Fest that I was at, so I can relive the moment while you all are there this year and I'm crying in my martini (HA)!

Life is GOOD!

:D

Monica R.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:03 am

Monica,

You're gonna be living TWO blocks from the ocean for the summer :?: :!: No crying in your martini allowed! :D Besides.....you'll be seeing all of our happy faces in less than 2 months! :D

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:10 am

You are right, Karen, no crying allowed, but I'll certainly be thinking about Okemah while I'm sitting on the beach! I'll be sure to go in the water regularly for all of you dealing with the Oklahoma heat!

There aren't too many people I'll leave the ocean for! Only Ellis and you know who! :wink:

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:27 am

WHO :?: ;)

KarenZ

monicar wrote:There aren't too many people I'll leave the ocean for! Only Ellis and you know who! :wink:
Last edited by KarenZ on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

monicar

Postby monicar » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:28 am

:lol:

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:43 am

summer's here
i'm for that
got my rubber sandals
got my straw hat
drinkin cold beer
i'm just glad that it's here
it's my favorite time of the year
and i'm glad that it's here
yeah!

James Taylor

:D
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:14 pm

One of my favorite summer songs: "Summer Breeze" by Seals & Croft. :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vLhDNvbtFp4

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:07 pm

I love that song too, Karen!

Thanks for the link!

Monica R.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:36 pm

Summer Breeze was on the radio all the time.......loved that song! 8)
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:18 pm

The Happiest Day of the Year!
Did you know that this Friday, today in fact, is supposed to be the
Happiest Day of the Year? According to a report on Good Morning
America, social scientists have a mathematical formula that involves
factoring in nature, social interaction, outdoor activity, sunshine
and childhood memories to calculate the happiest day of the year And
today is the day. So go ahead! Smell the roses, take a swim, eat a
Hershey’s bar, play Monopoly and call your Satellite Sister!

Okay this is funny, I got the above message in an email from the Satellite Sisters today. I have never listened to their radio show, but I read their book and loved it. I think they have been on Oprah and are pretty popular on the west coast. Anyway, I couldn't believe it when I read this email from them.... Karen June 20th is a day of infamy. If the SS say it is The Happiest Day of the Year, then I believe them (and you) :)

Congratulations Monicar!!
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

monicar

Postby monicar » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:11 am

Patti,

That's very cool and I'd definitely have to agree with it!

I'll have to check out those Satellite Sisters. That's a new one for me!

Have a great day everyone!

Monica R.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:25 am

What's the Satellite Sisters? :? And how do I call them? :)

KarenZ

Patti

Postby Patti » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:02 pm

The Satellite Sisters are a real life family. They grew up in New England, 5 girls 3 boys,( just like my family). I happened across a book with 5 ladies on the cover so I took a peak. What I had stumbled on was a collection of funny stories as told and remembered by the 5 Dolan sisters growing up in a big family during the 60-70's. Some of the stories hit so close to home :) Turns out they decided to turn their love of talking, about anything into a radio show and they have achieved much success along the way. I don't listen to the show, because of time difference and station access but as soon a I get that IPOD I will download some podcasts and tune in. Here is the link to their info. OH the Satellite Sister part, is anyone, your true sister, girlfriend, coworker, music evangalista, anyone of them can turn out to be your SS, you just have to feel connected to them. I have given their book "Uncommon Senses" to all my sisters, and good girlfriends!!http://satellitesisters.com/whoweare.html
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”