new song for childrens' album: Chief Joseph

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

new song for childrens' album: Chief Joseph

Postby KarenZ » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:31 am

Folks,

Here's a link to Ellis Paul performing live at 88.1 KDHX in St. Louis on October 1, 2011. Hosted by Paul Stark. Sound by Aaron Ruby

Chief Joseph

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Re: new song for childrens' album: Chief Joseph

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:22 am

Ellis gave us a glimpse of this song and a few others in Bryn Athyn Pa and from the sound of this song and the others we heard the next Children's album will not only educate kids and their parents, it'll rock 'em, too. 8)

Once again Ellis guides us through a historical time both in his own words and those that came before. When I hear the opening words here I can't help but think of the Buffalo Springfield (how appropos) song I Am A Child as well as The Jackson Browne lyrics (again, how appropos) I am a child in these hills......

I also hear a bittersweet taste of Kiss the Sun (Song for Pat Tillman) in the song and story and sentiment of a people's land being invaded by the white man in a long ago time.

There's a nod to Bob in there too, with Rolling Thunder, or as Ellis lays it down thunder rolling or maybe it's a dash of Garth Brooks depending on which way your thunder on dust bowl Oklahoma rolls...

Third time through has Ellis leaning on Ellis wide awake in a dream he once had in The Ballad of Chris McCandless with technology closing in all those years ago on Chief Joseph's people, then.

I see second Children's Album Award, people.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”