Ellis Paul music in "Hall Pass" - opening Feb. 25, 2011!

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

jeannebruno

Postby jeannebruno » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:32 pm

So glad the Farrelly Bros. are going to collaborate with Ellis on the music for the new movie.... Congrats to Ellis... well deserved...

KarenZ
Site Admin

Ellis Paul music to be featured in movie "Hall Pass"

Postby KarenZ » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:40 pm

Movie director Peter Farrelly, one half of the Farrelly Brothers, once praised Ellis Paul as “a national treasure”. Ellis’ songs have appeared in the soundtracks for two previous Farrelly Brother's movies, Me Myself & Irene starring Jim Carrey and Renee Zellweger, and Shallow Hal starring Jack Black and Gwyneth Paltrow. Now Ellis has been asked to come on board a third time to collaborate in a broader role on the score for the Farrelly's 2011 release, Hall Pass.

Slated for a February 25th, 2011 release, Hall Pass stars Owen Wilson and Alyssa Milano, and will showcase up to eight musical tracks off of Ellis' latest album The Day After Everything Changed. The movie's plot revolves around a married man (Wilson) who is granted the opportunity to have an affair by his wife (Milano), and you can get a sneak peek via the link to the official movie trailer below.

Hall Pass trailer

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Mtn Gal

Re: Ellis Paul music to be featured in movie "Hall Pass"

Postby Mtn Gal » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:24 am

This movie looks like it's going to be hilarious and I can't wait to see how EP's songs are incorporated. I'm going to have to do my best to not sing out loud in the theatre. :)
"Nobody can dim the light which shines from within." ~ Maya Angelou

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:15 pm

Folks,

Just a reminder that Hall Pass opens in theaters this Friday, Feb. 25, 2011. Please do try to go this weekend and post some comments here. 8)

Hall Pass soundtracks

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Re: Ellis Paul music in "Hall Pass" - opening Feb. 25, 2011!

Postby Patti » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:58 pm

I will def. being seeing the movie.. And then seeing Ellis Saturday night.. I can't wait to request Monster Riff #1 !!

I think the link provided is the order in which the songs appear.. ( well I hope so )

The movie really does look funny, and one my husband won't mind going to. :P
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:36 pm

Interesting to see the writer as 'Paul Plissey' and the performer as 'Ellis Paul' - wonder why that is?

There are a lot of songs on the soundtrack but EP is very well represented. Guess that a UK opening date will be later than the US date.

Jela

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:11 pm

Ellis just posted a new newsletter on the front page about this...suggesting we go see the movie but leave the children at home ( it is rated R)... Sounds like the cruise is something he enjoyed a lot too.. Glad to know his hard work and sometime sacrifices come with some fringe benefits from time to time...

and he wrote a song with Enter The Haggis.. :shock:

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:53 pm

Just got back from seeing the movie. It was cool hearing snippets of EP's songs throughout. Almost immediately - the first minute or two of the movie - was "heaven is where you are". All of the snippets are instrumental - no lyrics. Next up was "cotton's burning" - maybe 5 minutes into the movie. Later was "nothing left to take" , "walking after midnight" (credited as "monster riff"), "annalee", "day after everything changed", "lights of vegas" and "wakiing up to me". Literally just a few notes of each....so that was different.

The movie itself. Hmmmm....I guess maybe there was a lesson to be learned, but I just wish the Farrelly's didn't have to use such crude humor. :(

Took a picture of the screen when EP's name rolled past in the credits. Hadn't planned to do that so it was literally a last-second thought. Thanks to my grandkids, the camera is pretty much always in my purse. :-)

Will post that picture later. ;-)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:50 pm

Shot of credits scrolling across the screen today: :-)

KarenZ

Patti

Postby Patti » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:22 am

I agree Karen I actually thought the movie was good in lots of parts (considering the theme and all) but some of the stuff just goes too far, and I know it is what the Farelly Brothers are known for and I guess that sells in Hollywood but I think I saw mostly older people in the crowd ( hello the movie is about married couples)so it didn't seem necessary to cross the line so far. BUT It was funny in parts and I could pick up the music to all of Ellis's songs used.

It occured to me leaving the movie that this was Ellis's Fan Funded CD... Pretty cool that Farrelly Brothers think of him as a national treasure just like his fans do :)

sarshik

Postby sarshik » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:53 am

Very exciting to see a movie with eight Ellis songs. The movie had many hysterically funny scenes, although the plot was so-so. It was fun listening for each of Ellis' song snippets - I wish they had been longer - and wish there had been some vocals - but still - the instrumental parts seemed to fit in poignant moments. I'm very happy and proud for him. Carol S

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:28 pm

Flynn, Ralph, and Ellis at Hall Pass opening: 8)

KarenZ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:45 pm

I think the UK release date is 11th March - have seen a trailer for it, not sure that it's the type of film I would enjoy. Kudos to Ellis though for getting songs on a soundtrack (again) - great exposure.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:32 am

Folks,

Hall Pass is currently the #1 movie in America!

Warner Bros.' `Hall Pass' Is Top Weekend Film With Sales of $13.5 Million

KarenZ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:26 am

Hope that EP is on a % of the take! Opens here 11th March. Saw a poster for it yesterday.

Jela

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon May 30, 2011 9:54 am

FYI Hall Pass is now available on DVD and Netflix.... It is pretty funny in Farrelley Brothers sort of way... and of course the music is fantastic !!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon May 30, 2011 2:18 pm

I lost my Hall Pass, happy to know it can be renewed. :D

In theaters here now, SNL alums rock BridesMaids.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”