Video contest winners announced!

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Video contest winners announced!

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:44 pm

Folks,

In case you haven't received today's Ellis Paul Newsletter, the winners of the Ellis Paul Video Contest have been announced! 8)

WINNERS:

Tied in First Place!

VIDEO KRISTINA - "The Day After Everything Changed" and JASONGWYNN - "Once Upon A Summertime"!
For their mutual win, we are combining the prize money from first and second place and splitting it - each winner will receive $650, as well as 3 pairs of tickets to any 3 Ellis Paul shows of their choice, and an Ellis Paul Prize Pack with some extra goodies.

3rd Place: BOUNCING RED BALL -"Heaven's Wherever You Are"!

For the 3rd place win, Bouncing Red Ball will receive $200, a pair of tickets to an Ellis show of their choice, and an additional EP treat.

The film work for the three winners above was undeniably exceptional. At the end of the day, however, there were some truly amazing videos Ellis didn't want to overlook... so he chose some additional Special Award categories!

Best Animation: "Dragonfly" TheJRT9999

Best Special Effects: "Paper Dolls" - HimuraSora

Best Actor/Actress: "Once Upon A Summertime" - JasonGwnn

Best Ensemble: "Walking after Midnight" - Soniabgreen

Best use of Ellis Paul Footage: "Waking up to me" - Ruez30

Best use of Text/Visual cues: "Rose Tattoo" - JoeCollege7

Congratulations to all the winners!

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Re: Video contest winners announced!

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:10 am

Well done to all who submitted and congrats on the wins.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:22 am

Wish I had half the talent these folks had putting together these video contest entries. Kudos to all and congrats winners! 8)

Hope they join us here on the forum, someday. :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Folks,

See below for some additonal details about the making of the video that won the 3rd place prize.

KarenZ

Ralph and Ellis-

Hi there-

I spent my summer living and breathing Ellis's new album as my 3 children Ben (19) Luke (15) and Grace (the 11 year old ball chaser) and our friend, Uchenna created the Heaven is Whereever You Are video which won third place. We are so proud of all of them.

I wanted to mention a couple of trivia details about the making of the video that I thought you might find interesting.

1. You may have noted that Grace grabbed a sweater during an early scene in the video and wore it for the rest of the time. Grace actually fell and broke her arm while filming an early scene (she tripped over that darn red ball) and Ben had to come up with a way to cover the cast (as it wasn't in the early scenes that had already been filmed)-thus the random clothing hanging on tress that Grace grabbed along the way. She was filming in 100+ temps with a sweater and a wool cap. What a trooper!!

2. Most of the actors in this video are students, teachers and alumni of The College School in St. Louis, Missouri where Ellis will be performing in December. We are really excited for his concert!!

Thanks again for creating this fun opportunity which made this one of their more memorable, productive and creative summers ever!

Sincerely,

Suzie Schmidt
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”