Live on WERS - Mon., Apr. 12, 2010 - 8am EST

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Live on WERS - Mon., Apr. 12, 2010 - 8am EST

Postby KarenZ » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:04 pm

Folks,

WERS is celebrating Live Music Week all next week! I hope some of you can join me here on Monday at 8am EST for a live interview performance with Ellis Paul! :)

Other performances of interest next week include:

Chris Trapper - 9am Wednesday
Adam Ezra - 1pm Wednesday
Antje Duvekot - 1pm Thursday

See complete schedule HERE.

In the Boston area, tune your radio dial to 88.9FM or you can listen online at WERS.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Live on WERS - Mon., Apr. 12, 2010 - 8am EST

Postby KarenZ » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:42 am

Got to work early so I could get logged in by 8am. Anyone else listening in?

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

monicar

Postby monicar » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:23 am

Sounded great and I'm so glad he thinks we're cool and not stalkers. That made me laugh out loud!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:29 am

Folks,

Ellis commented on the great sounding Steinway in the WERS studio then proceeded to play:

1. Once Upon A Summertime
2. Hurricane Angel

When asked about the B&B shows that he's done - and if he was "wary" of being in such close proximity with his fans he replied:

There's a cool group of people who love what I do.

We're cool! 8)

Then he continued commenting about his fans being folkies....that he probably couldn't handle the rock scene. (Me either!) :-)

He finished with:

3. Rose Tattoo (on guitar, of course)

Said that the first time he heard himself on radio was on WERS....back in the dinosaur cassette age.... :-)......and affirmed the importance of public radio.

Nice!

KarenZ

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”