Ellis Paul Essentials in stores Oct. 10, 2006!

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Ellis Paul Essentials in stores Oct. 10, 2006!

Postby KarenZ » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:20 am

Ellis Paul Essentials is due in stores on October 10th, 2006!! New songs, live songs, songs reworked, 32 tunes in all!! It features Ellis favorites such as "Maria's Beautiful Mess", "3,000 Miles", "Home", "Conversation with a Ghost", "Angel in Manhatten" and "The World Ain't Slowin' Down" and loads of special guests--- Patty Griffin, Kristian Bush, Dar Williams, Tony Levin, Duke Levine, Jerry Marotta, Rachel Davis, and a myriad of other great artists....

Check out new songs at Ellis Paul on MySpace.

KarenZ
Last edited by KarenZ on Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

wendy

Postby wendy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:30 am

Whoo Hoo!! Great looking cover, great sounding excerpts!
(thanks for the link, Karen)
This is surely one (double) CD worth waiting for :D
-wendy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:03 am

I'd say that worked out really well. The cover photo looks great - Velvet Ellis - in sepia tones - except for the blue of his jeans - can just make out my song title suggestion that made the Essential Ellis Paul cut...Midnight Strikes Too Soon.

I'm happy that it's all over but the gettin and enjoyin.....

:D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:21 am

I can wait that long.......I guess.

I am in dire need of this CD because I am just learning his older stuff. It is essential that I get it as soon as possible. :P
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:50 am

EEEEK!!!!

Ok, it's getting marked on my calendar RIGHT NOW! And the new songs sound great! Love the fact that they're getting so many plays, so quickly!

YAY!

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:58 am

And I really love the brand new song, "If She's the One" - great!

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:30 pm

I've listened to all four songs on My Space and absolutely love the version of 'Home' I liked the AJF version but the production on this one just seems to fit the song perfectly.

Great to have a new song included 'If she's the one' - can't wait for the release date of the new CD.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:02 pm

I didn't think I had ever heard "autobiography of a pistol" live....but wow was I wrong. I just checked my setlists and I've heard it 13 times! :oops: (I guess maybe I was getting it confused with "this old car".) ;) In my defense however, it has been a while....5 years. Too long! The last time was April 21, 2006 at the Mucky Duck in Houston. It'll be good to hear it live again! "Deliver Me" too! Oooooh.... the anticipation! :lol: The new version of AOAP rocks...can't listen to it and stay seated. ;)

I definitely like the new versions of "Maria" (reminiscent of the production on Translucent Soul) and "Home". And love "if she's the one". I'm a sucker for strings. :)

Did you guys notice the artwork when you click on a song to listen to?

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

wendy

Postby wendy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:21 am

Hmmm... She's a bit selective about when she appears on my computer - i.e. just for Maria and If She's the One.

She reminds me a lot of artwork on Richard Thompson's CDs and website (and I don't think it's just the bee!). Enigmatic is the word that comes to mind. 8)
-wendy

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:15 am

I was a bit confused by the artwork, haha.
-Katie

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:04 pm

I am definitely OCD on "if she's the one" (why doesn't MySpace have a freakin' repeat button?!) ...similar to "Maria" and "sky" ...it gradually builds and builds...sucking you in and up....another emotional rollercoaster ride....those high vocals bringing you to the mountain-top....then gradually bringing you back down every so gently...leaving you all out of breath and emotionally spent..... wondering what the hell hit 'ya.....

KZ

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:04 pm

Wow, I'm going to have to go take a listen. Thanks for the review Karen.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:53 pm

What? You haven't listened to it yet? Where that's whip emoticon when you need it :?: :!: :lol: :lol:

KZ

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Karen, you're cracking me up! I most certainly agree, but you're cracking me up, nonetheless. :D

I've been listening to "If She's the One" pretty continually in the morning before I go to work and at night when I get home - I can't get enough of it! And can I say - I was profile view # 19300 on EP's myspace tonight... Aw yeah, baby, aw yeah.
:lol:

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:22 pm

And just what is so freakin' funny Miss Lauren??? Huh??? :lol:

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:24 pm

New selection of songs up on Myspace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :D :) :D

3000 Miles
Sweet Mistakes
The World Ain't Slowin Down

Home is still there too.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:16 pm

Bonnie....I don't see "3000 miles".....maybe only Flynn's peeps get to hear it. ;)

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:50 pm

Ha ha!! It was there last night, but it's gone now. :D

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:38 am

Maybe "3000 Miles" had to go in for its 3000-mile oil change. ;)

I just had an extremely exciting realization. Only 47 days to go!!!! :shock: :D :D :shock:

KarenZ

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:27 pm

I wonder when we'll be able to order it.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

kilroyscarnival

Postby kilroyscarnival » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:08 pm

Is there a preferred venue to purchase from? Like any direct order place where Ellis & co get a bigger share of the profits? Just curious.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:48 am

Detective-Bonnie already got the scoop...but I thought I would also post the news here that pre-orders are now being taken at CD Freedom. :)

CD Freedom

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:09 pm

Ha Ha!! Detective-Bonnie had a little help from Manager-Ralph. :D I am on the Ellis Paul (e)mailing list and a heads up went out yesterday.

I tried to order yesterday, but I was too quick and the site wasn't quite ready to take my order.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:22 pm

Yes, I did notice that there was a slight jumping-of-the-gun yesterday.....not unlike what happened for Live at Club Passim. I guess the powers-that-be don't understand the definiton of EP Devotee. :lol:

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:45 pm

Folks,

In the interest of simplifying things for my over-taxed brain, I'm closing this thread so we can concentrate discussion about Ellis Paul Essentials in the Breaking thru the Radio forum, in the thread started by our lovely bonuela. :) I'm just gonna tweak the subject line a bit.

Since there's now only 18 days 10 hours 22 minutes 58 seconds left until Ellis Paul Essentials is released, I'd like to ramp things up and start a conversation about the new version of "Home", but I'll do that in a separate thread. :)

KarenZ

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”