Four Songs from the new CD on Radio Free Ellis!

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Four Songs from the new CD on Radio Free Ellis!

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:05 pm

Folks,

There are four songs from The Day After Everything Changed on Radio Free Ellis! Enjoy! :-)

Radio Free Ellis

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Re: Four Songs from the new CD on Radio Free Ellis!

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:36 am

Annalee
River Road
Rose Tattoo
The Day After Everthing Changed

8)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:44 am

Amazing ethereal backdrop on the title track to The Day After Everything Changed and am reminded of the music of Alison Sudol and A Fine Frenzy on this one! 8)
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:42 am

Did anyone else have a chance to listen to the four new songs??? Not sure which one is my favorite....I love 'em all.... (as usual). ;)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:09 am

Just had to turn the radio on when I read your post and I had a taste for not only coffee but one of the four new songs -- and as luck, fate and coincidence would have it River Road was the first song up.....might be my favorite of the new ones. But that could change after my first cup of coffee.... :wink:

BY the way I had it on alot y'day and had a mini ep fix..... 8) The 4 new songs up on the player sound great and I can hardly wait for the thing to be out already. I'd settle for an official release date. An unofficial release date. The 15 song track list.....ANYTHING....oh, wait, I got 4 new songs here..... :D

Sorry guys and gals.....I need coffee! :oops:
paddy

john1977

Postby john1977 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:28 am

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

These new songs sound AMAZING! INCREDIBLE!

I am so excited and happy for Ellis. His voice sounds better than ever and the production is tasteful, sweet and breathtaking.

While I may be a little over anxious, I just want to say Congratulations to Ellis for creating yet another masterpiece and thanks for sending us a new batch of amazing songs!

I can't wait to get my hands on the new album!

John

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:34 am

John,

I think you got it right. ;)

KarenZ
john1977 wrote:I just want to say Congratulations to Ellis for creating yet another masterpiece and thanks for sending us a new batch of amazing songs!
John

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:43 am

John is onto something -- the sound!!! I'd say the fan generated support Ellis received to help make this new album was put to great use. From the album cover art, to the songs I'm hearing here I have a good feeling about this one. Something tells me The Day After Everything Changed is going to put Ellis on a boatload of new playlists and garner him a whole lot more attention outside of the lines of the legions of fans he already has for life.....yes indeed, congrats all around.

And speakin of boatload...... :P
Can't wait to hear the new songs with a full band treatment! :wink:
paddy

care

Postby care » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:37 pm

really love the Annalee song. I've seen him perform this a few times durring the "unplugged" parts of his shows...and i love how he just WAILS on the guitar (pretty sure he broke a string once or twice).

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi care. Nice to hear from you! :)

I love 'em all.....but, honestly, "River Road" is so cinematic....I can see the video in my head....a hot summer night....a young couple runs out of the house (porchlight, red-curtains, crickets)...and jumps into a convertible. Love the line "stick your hand out the passenger side"....but in the movie in my head the girl eventually pulls her hand in and sticks her feet out instead....with her head leaning up against the side of the boy driving... and they go sailing down the dirt road leaving a trail of dust flying behind....

Oh yeah. It would make a great video. :-)

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:20 pm

I finally just got some quiet time to listen and being a woman of few words, I'm just going to say WOWZAH!

Loved Rose Tattoo from the first time I heard it, but love it even more now. Karen, who's singing harmony on that?

Got the chills listening to "The Day Everything Changed" and they stayed with me through Anna Lee, which is AWESOME, and River Road .... I'm with you, Karen, very visual, which is one of the things I love about Ellis.

Ellis, your voice is amazing and I cannot wait for October and the Passim CD release shows! Also can't wait to blast this CD on a regular basis.

:D

Monica R.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:53 pm

MonicaR,

The voice you hear is Annie Clements, currently touring as a bass player with Sugarland. EP says she did a beautiful job and he'd like to sing with her more. I hope it comes to pass! :)

KarenZ
monicar wrote:Loved Rose Tattoo from the first time I heard it, but love it even more now. Karen, who's singing harmony on that?
Monica R.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:22 pm

Say, didn't Ellis used to kid about Barry White?

Well, on Rose Tattoo he gives him a run for his low note money!

Did you guys notice that?
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:22 pm

Barry White? No way. But Barry Gibb does make an appearance on "The Day After Everything Changed". ;)

Now....if only Barry MANILOW would make an appearance.....hee....hee....hee....

KarenZ

paddyinthepub wrote:Say, didn't Ellis used to kid about Barry White?

Well, on Rose Tattoo he gives him a run for his low note money!

Did you guys notice that?

monicar

Postby monicar » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:46 am

Thanks for the info, Karen. I thought her voice complimented Ellis' very nicely! I can see why he'd want to sing with her again.

Instead of Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, we'll have to start saying Barry, Barry, Barry! :lol:

Monica R.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:28 am

Too funny! :mrgreen:

KarenZ

monicar wrote:Instead of Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, we'll have to start saying Barry, Barry, Barry! :lol:
Monica R.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:40 am

It's the BLUE NOTE in Rose Tattoo dontcha know....

Where Ellis sings just drifting in a sea of bluuuue

I've never head him go that low aside from BARRY WHITE riffs in concert occasionally when he's just having fun with us.....
paddy

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”