Ellis live on WYEP - Oct. 18, 2007 (Archived)

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Ellis live on WYEP - Oct. 18, 2007 (Archived)

Postby KarenZ » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:16 am

Folks,

I'm happy to report that Pittsburgh's WYEP has archived its Studio Sessions on their website and you can now listen to Ellis' in-studio interview and performance from Oct. 18, 2007. What perfect timing considering that today is election day in the USA....Ellis chats about the social commentary in the songs on the forthcoming Dragonfly Races and performs "Million Chameleon March". In addition he talks about doing shows for kids - having just done his first kids show in the WYEP broadcast center a few minutes earlier - referring to it as a "joyful experience". Bonnie, Ellis also talks about how he hooked up with Flynn - who was opening for him later that evening. :) Starting with "Jukebox on my grave", Ellis ended with the brand-new "Nothing Left to take" (aka "Like a song I'd like to crank you") ;) This is a really terrific 17-minute interview and 3-song performance. I'm continually amazed at how thoughtful and articulate EP is when being interviewed. It's a joyful experience for the listener too. :)

Listen at the link below - just scroll down to Oct. 18, 2007.

WYEP Archived Studio Sessions

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Re: Ellis live on WYEP - Oct. 18, 2007 (Archived)

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:11 am

Karen, as always...thanks!

Along with having my son in the voting booth with me yesterday, this archived interview and performance was one of several highlights of my day. Loved the performances and talk, and later in the evening still found myself wishing that Million Chameleon March could have made it's national debut after Obama's acceptance speech.

:wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:55 am

Paddy,

Thanks for the comment! :) I suspect our resident Virginian is happy this morning that Virginia followed Chameleon Stu in changing from red to white to blue. ;)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:17 pm

I was thinking the same thing Karen!! My family lives 5 different states (VA is one of them) and 4 of them are blue, we need to send Chameleon Stu down South!!

I know now after reading Mark Erelli's newsletter, that he is a happy folk singer too. Any bets on how long it takes either one of them to write a song that references this historic election???
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:28 pm

Patti,

I'll be seeing another happy folksinger (Swoondell) tonight. :) I'm planning on going up to him and asking "Are you happy now?" :lol:

KarenZ

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”