Ellis Paul Live at Club Passim CD!

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Ellis Paul Live at Club Passim CD!

Postby KarenZ » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:22 pm

Hey folks,

If you receive the Ellis Paul e-mail newsletter you know that a limited number (500) of Ellis Paul Live at Club Passim will be available on the web site within a few days. If I find learn the exact date I'll give you all a heads-up. Otherwise, just keep checking the Ellis Shop on the web site. As you may know, this CD contains a selection of live recordings from this past New Year's Eve shows at Club Passim. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the CD will be donated to Club Passim's Culture for Kids program - an incredibly generous gesture.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:26 pm

ARGH!!!! The dang thing is posted, picture blurb and all, but we can't buy it yet!!! Ellis & Ralph are such teases....
:P
~Lauren

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:50 pm

Folks,

The web site home page has been updated indicating the CD is available in the Ellis Shop....and although the ordering buttons aren't there yet, I suspect this is a pretty good clue that it's real close....so keep a close eye out....

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:16 am

The new CD should be available in the Ellis Shop later today. Keep your eyes peeled. :)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:56 am

In the silly question category:

Will Ellis have any of these for sale on the road in Shirley and Ogunquit?

Or further on up the road?

Inquiring mind (mine) just curious............ :oops:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:11 am

Thats a good question Paddy... Do I order one right now today, or take my chances on getting one at one of the shows this weekend ? What gets this CD into my hands faster ? :)
Jeff

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:16 am

Well Jeff, I hope that means we'll see you at Jonathan's...I had another tip about the Shipyard...the summer ale to be specific. Beer, steamers, and Ellis Paul...you can't top that.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:21 pm

The Summer Ale is very good. The Export Ale is my favorite "just having a beer" ale. The Joshua Chamberlain Pale Ale is excellent as well. Can't go wrong with any of them......

And I'm still hoping for Saturday... :)
Jeff

john1977

Postby john1977 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:02 pm

Hey all,

Well, it seems that the cd is now up at CDFreedom.Com but it says it's out of stock...hmmm...I know that that can't be true as I've been checking occassionally through the day and it hasn't been on their site until just now...i'll just have to be a bit more patient I guess...haha...

I hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to seeing some of you on Saturday in Ogunquit...

John

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:10 pm

John,

Fear not. No doubt "out of stock" simply translates to "not yet in stock". Sit tight. :)

KarenZ

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:01 pm

5 p.m. I just bought it :D I wonder how long the standard shipping takes. I looked quickly through the website but didn't find any info on shipping.
-Katie

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:02 pm

Yee Haw!
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:10 pm

I might have just done a little dance in my living room.
-Katie

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:27 pm

Unanswered still is the question - wiill it be available at the shows ? Anyone know ? Karen ?
Jeff

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:56 pm

hmmn...500 is a limited edition...thru cdfreedom or baby..for Passim and Charity..Ellis likely has a handful for friends, family, posterity.

I'm guessing for now, the ones at cdfreedom are gonna fly off the shelves.

Do we really wanna bet on Ellis having them along for shows this weekend?

I'd say not. But you never know. Ellis is likely online now trying to buy one before they go. :lol:

I'm curious too. :wink:

Powers that be? :oops:
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:00 am

I'm trying to find out if they'll be available this weekend.

KarenZ

paddyinthepub wrote:Do we really wanna bet on Ellis having them along for shows this weekend?

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:21 pm

Have confirmed that Ellis will have the new CD with him this weekend.

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:28 pm

Na Na NA NA NA - Jeff and Paddy will have theirs first.... :lol:

Good things come to those that wait!!! :wink: For once procrastination works in my favor! No worries girls, we'll let you hold ours for a minute. :P

Thanks Jeff for the reminder and Thanks Karen for the update.
paddy

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:37 pm

Darn - now the dilemma. Ordered one last night...... IF I make it to Ogunquit, do I buy another one anyway, get it signed, so that I can get my hands on the CD sooner......
Jeff

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:02 pm

Yep...then think about offering the one that arrives by mail to a trivia contest winner or something like that....send to a friend....graduation present for Jalapenos...ellispaul archives.....endless possibilities.

guys/gals...suggestions?
paddy

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:20 pm

I bet someone will be too late to buy and be willing to buy/win your extra cd! It could be fun to hold your own trivia contest :P
-Katie

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:25 pm

Oh geez, now it looks like I'm in the same boat as Jeff! I think owning 2 copies of a limited edition Ellis Paul CD isn't the worst thing to have befallen me, however...
:lol:
~Lauren

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:32 pm

Good things come to those that wait......and I'm a fan with too much music and too little time. If anyone facing this dilemna would like me to buy the cdfreedom to be mailed copy from them let me know and I'll be happy to help out.......I will pay for all costs incurred including snail mail to my house. Say Something here and then we can arrange the details in PM.

TIA...and happy to help. :wink:
paddy

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:37 pm

Getting mail is exciting. It would be nice to have the cd in my hands in Shirley, but I don't get nearly enough mail. The cd will be far more exciting to receive than the shampoo samples I constantly order just for the sake of receiving mail. Ha.

Karen, think you could get the stats on the number sold, how quickly it sold out, etc? I'm very curious!
-Katie

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:40 pm

Katie, Be sure to tip your bartenders, waitresses, and postman. :wink:
paddy

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:23 pm

So, has anyone else been listening to the "sneak peak" snippets on cdfreedom incessantly?

So excited by these new versions! Martyr's Lounge sounds particularly rockin', yet another amazing rendition of 3,000 Miles, and finally a recording of 2 Bends! And do I have to mention a purely piano version of Home?

The best part though, of course, is all the EP-audience and EP-"band" interaction, or at least what we can hear of it so far. What a gem! Can't wait to hear it ALL!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
~Lauren

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:31 pm

I wonder if you can hear me requesting WHTM ? Oh wait, Ellis didn't hear me request it either.... :) No, he had to play something a bunch of girls in the front asked for instead..... ;) Should have shaved my legs.
Jeff

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:19 pm

Haha what show were you at Jeff?
-Katie

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:17 pm

December 31st, the late show...... And I didn't stand a chance in my request for WHTM - too much competition ;) But maybe tomorrow night.... :)

Which show were you at Katie ? Were you in the group requesting something else in front of me ? ;)
Jeff

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:53 pm

Nope I was there on the 30th :D
-Katie

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:44 pm

Well, it made great listening on the ride home from Ogunquit! :mrgreen:
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”